three

benj calling...

why would my ex call me after two freaking years? i thought. i was hesitating to answer it, but i did anyway. i was expecting for him to speak when i heard a voice of a girl instead. "hi, belle!" oh look, it's ate hannah. "hi ate hanots! i missed you." i replied, smiling. "i missed you, too." she giggled. "why'd you call, by the way?" i asked. "oh because someone won't call you because he is shy daw." she laughed. "that's why i'm the one who called."

i nodded, "anyways, you coming tonight? because i want to catch up with ya!" she said. "yea, i'm coming tonight with my brother." i told her and i heard voices. she giggled, "i'll see you tonight! bye tia! benj say bye naman." i blushed. "uh.. bye tia." i froze when i heard his voice, he ended the call. wow, it's the first time i heard his voice after two years.

i sighed and looked at mg wall clock, 5:34 pm. we'll be leaving at 6:45 since our house is a bit near to theirs when you took a vehicle. i killed my time using social media. i got a message from atasha.

iMessage
atasha 💘

hey i heard that ur going to the
pangilinans tonight ;)

wHO TOLD U THAT

doesnt matter

so totoo nga??

well, yea but im coming with
my brother bc theyre going to
have dinner with their friends

oh

so your what going to do
there

maybe i'll hang out with ate hans
ate ella and solana or i'll join their
dinner hahahaha

matakaw as ever! 🙄 but
u dont get fat its so unfair

our conversation went on and on. i said goodbye when six o'clock stirked on the clock. i started to get ready; i took a shower (again). i wore a black cropped hoodie, sweatpants and paired it with adidas. i tied my hair and let some of my bangs down, i got my phone and went downstairs. "did i told you to we're going on a dinner." my brother saracastically said as he looked on my outfit. "what's wrong with it? besides, it's not a fancy dinner." i replied and we went to his car, driving off to the pangilinans.

at exactly seven pm, we stopped at a very familiar house. nothing changed, still the same old house i used to go every week two years ago. we stood infront of their gate and tim pressed the doorbell. within a few seconds, kuya donny appeared. "i'm so glad you guys made it!" he said and we hugged each other, then him and my brother. we let us in, every step i take makes my heart break into small pieces.

dang, i thought i won't feel this hurt ever again. we headed to their living room, seeing their highschool friends. they were catching up while i'm just sitting beside my brother. "belle!" a familiar voice made me look behind me. i saw ate ella who's i think two meters away from me, smiling widely and gesturing me to come near her.

i went towards her and we hugged, "oh my god, i missed you belle!" she spoke as we pulled away, i smiled. "i missed you too, ats! it's been a long time." i told her and she sighed dramtically. "a long time indeed," we laughed. she invited to their room upstairs. there, i saw ate hannah and solana.

we catched up and took pictures, too. while we were in the middle of laughing, someone knocked on the door, "come in!" ate hannah said and the door opened, revealing benj. oh. "dinner's ready." he told us and closed it after. ate hannah and ate ella looked at each other, "hm, benj is quiet lately.." ate ella muttered, but she's still smirking.

the dinner went great, even though i'm sitting across benj. which made me feel awkward. kuya donny, tim and their friends we're drunk already. hay nako pano kami uuwi neto? 😫 "i told you not to drink e! how can we get home, timothy john?" i groaned. i didn't expect for an answer since they are all drunk. i frustatedly sighed, thinking how can we get home.

"i'll drive you home." his deep, husky voice made me shiver. i looked up at him, "uh, no. i'll just call our driver nalang." i rejected his offer. "do you think your driver is awake in one in the morning? i insist, tanya." he said and i nodded, i have no choice na din. i said goodbye to tito and tita, ate hannah and ate ella. solana is sleeping already so i didn't got a chance to say goodbye to her.

i gave benj our car key and i helped him carry my brother inside our car. i sat on the shotgun seat. "where do you guys live?" he asked, starting the engine. "still the same." i answered, looking outside. after that, we were just quiet. #awkward. we reached our house immediately, i went out to open our gate. once our car is parked already inside, i helped him once again to carry my brother upstairs.

"i'm not letting him drink alcohol again." i said and i heard him laugh. "how about you? how will you go home?" i asked him, still looking at my brother. "i'll call kuya manny. he's still awake pa naman e." he answered, kanina tulog na daw. i just nodded. i heard him talking through the phone so i gave him some space. i went to my room and did my night routine, i changed into pajamas also.

as i opened my room's door, benj was only few inches away from me. i guess he was about to open my door also. we were just staring at each other when he spoke, "uh.. i gotta go. kuya manny's there." he grinned and i smiled as a response. i walked with him to the gate, "thank you for drivin me and my brother home." i said and he smiled, nodding.

"no problem." he replied before closing the gate. i went back up to my room, smiling.

-x-

lame chapter! hahaha votes are highly appreciated :) thank you for your support!! love you faaaam ❤️ (why cant i write a chapter that is less than 1000 words 🙄)

*edited*