twenty one

august 2 ; 11:58 pm

"solana, don't tell your kuya benj. okay?" i told solana before she enters benj's room. "yes, ate. my lips are zippered!" she acted like she zippered her lips. haha, cute! 😭♥️ i smiled and she entered his room, she'll tell benj to help her cook some cookies; i know, in the middle of night. wala kaming maisip na palusot e! HAHAHA

i walked downstairs, heading to the living room. "is everything in place?" i asked. "everything's settled na. let's just wait for them." ate ella answered and i nod. "they're here!!" ate hannah announced and kuya donny turned off the lights.

i checked my watch, 12:00 am. wow, just in time!

"solana, it's midnight. let's bake tomorrow nalang." i heard him say. "but kuyaaaa, i want to! turn on the lights please." solana told him and he did. "surprise!!" we chorused. "wow, hahaha." he giggled and walked closer to us.

"happy happy happy birthday, little bro!" ate hannah hugged her. "you're not my little bro anymore. you're already 19." she frowned and benj laughed. "ats talaga."

tito, tita, ate ella, and kuya donny greeted him, too. "happiest birthday, love!" i hugged him and kissed his cheek. "thank you, love." he smiled. "you're 19 na, don't be so childish na ha." i pinched his nose and we laughed. "ehem, we're still here." we looked at them, he hugged me tighter.

"i don't care." he replied. i slapped his arm. "hang out tayo mamaya." i told him, "sure, but now let's sleep na." he said. we both headed to his room upstairs, "thank you for the surprise, by the way." he told me as we laid down on his bed, wrapping his arms around me.

"no problem," i smiled and he kissed the tip of my nose. i closed my eyes and sleep.

-x-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJAMIN RYAN LAXA PANGILINAN!"

i groaned as i opened my eyes, seeing our friends. "GET LOST GUYS!" i yelled and covered myself with a pillow. " ginigising nyo bebe ko." i heard benj told them and they laughed. "it's already ten in the morning, duh." i can say it's atasha. "anyways, thank you, guys! haha." benj said.

after a minute or so, i removed the pillow above me and sat on the bed. "wow, pizza!" i stand up and got a slice of pizza they brought. they're sitting on the floor, i sat between atasha and andres.

the whole four hours with our friends was full of laughter and chit chats. its been months na din since last hung out with them. me and benj are lying down on his bed, his right arm clinging on my shoulders. "oh, where are they na?" kuya donny asked as he opened the door.

"they left na earlier." i answered, not breaking my attention on my phone. he hummed in response and i heard the door closed. "let's go out." i heard benj say. "where?" i asked as i typed a rely to atasha.

"look at me naman." i looked at him and saw him pouting. i laughed, "i'm looking na po." i told him, "stop that, benjamin." i swatted his face away. "tampo na ko." he crossed his arms, still, pouting.

i smiled. "sorry naaaa, i'm talking to atasha kasi." i replied, "so atasha's more important than me?" aba. "i didn't said anything like that!" i giggled and hugged him. "i told you not be childish e!" i added and kissed his cheek. i saw his lips curving upwards, slowly.

"bati na kameee! hahaha." i poked his cheek. he hushed and kissed me, "oo na."

-x-

2 • y e a r s • l a t e r

"happy 3rd anniversary to us, love!" i smiled and sighed, "happy 3rd, love." i replied. "i'm sorry i'm not with you today, you know. business." he said and frowned. "it's fine! okay na yung i saw your face hahaha." i told him and he smiled. "don't worry, i'll be home soon." he said. i saw a guy behind him and called his name, "i'll be back. i'll call you later, i love you."

i smiled, "i love you, too! don't stress yourself, okay?" i replied and he saluted as a reply before ending the call.

three years and we're still strong. its been a year since i last saw benj, he went to singapore for their business, its been a year since i touched his face, since i last hugged him, i miss him so much.

sighing, i closed my laptop. i went down to the kitchen, seeing the muhlach twins. i'm living with them in a condo unit for a year already. "wassup bessy!" i was greeted by andres, his arms outstretched. i went near him and we hugged.

we, three, ate breakfast together as always. once i'm finished, i get myself ready for my photoshoot. "let me drive you to the venue." andres offered, i shook my head and smiled. "no need, andy. i can handle myself. i'm already twenty!" i giggled. he smiled and messed my hair.

"take care, alright? drive safely. love you!" i heard him say as i rushed to the door. opening it, i looked back at him. "i will, love you too, bestfriend!"

-x-

2:39 pm

"that's a wrap, everyone!" cassy announced and i sighed in relief, atlast! after two hours. i started to pack my stuff when darren approached me. "hey, t." i glanced at this handsome guy. "yes, d? need something?" i asked. he leaned his body at the table, "nah, uhm," he scratched his nape, i giggled at him. benjamin na benjamin.

"i just want to ask you if you want to hang out with us? since it's friday and we are all free tomorrow." he said. i nod as i finished packing my stuffs. "sure! let's go?" he smiled and we went to the parking lot. kyle, ac, bailey and ylona greeted me; i greeted them as well.

"follow me nalang." we all went inside our own car. i followed darren just liked what he said. after twenty minutes, we reached a park. i turned off the engine and unbuckled my seatbelt. as i hop out, i saw a tall figure that is not so far away from us. at first, i thought it was benj. not until he faced us.

"andres? what are you doing here?"

-x-

pabitin!!! HAHAHA 😛 epilogue na ang next huehue :(( bawing bawi na sa next chapter!! ☺️ thank you so so much for supporting me! :) i love each one of you, sending virtual hugs for everyone! 🤗💘 --sophia (juskobenj on twitter)