02 | Study Buddies

•Y/N: Your Name
•F/D: Favorite doughnut

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

As a couple of weeks went by, the bond between Gaven and I strengthened with each passing day. In no time, we've become the best of friends and learned a lot about each other. If there's anything the guy can talk your ear off about, it's music. He loves it. He's obsessed with it, specifically rock and heavy metal. He even told me about his favorite bands, Korn and Metallica which stand at the top of his list, but he wasn't at all shy about sharing his other inspirations.

As expected, he's super outgoing and excitable, making my boring mornings more upbeat with his presence. His energy has even started to bleed onto me. I actually feel excited about school now just because I get to hang out with him there. Speak of the devil. I spot Gaven racing down the hallway to get to me, skidding around the far corner and weaving through the people with a frantic look in his eyes as if he was being chased. This makes me worry that he's somehow gotten himself in some kind of trouble.

  "Y/N, save me!" He shouts desperately, gripping my shoulders and shaking me like a Polaroid picture. I grab his hands to pry them off before my brain turns to mush.

  "What happened?" All concern flew out the window the moment he explained.

  "I failed my literature test!" He whines. I release his hands and shake my head. And here I thought he was about to get his ass beat or something. What a drama queen.

  "Don't scare me like that! Jesus. And, why do you sound so surprised? You don't exactly pay attention."

  "It's just reading! I don't even understand the purpose of that class." Pouting softly, he crosses his arms, making me laugh at the silly expression. My reaction only makes his frown deepen.

  "I could give you a little help if you'd like. I'm practically a grammar god," I boast jokingly as we walk towards our next class. Gaven rolls his eyes at me.

  "Yeah, sure you are. I would like some help, though, since I have to retake the test." Out of nowhere, Gaven takes my hands and stops in front of me before getting on his knees. "Teach me, oh mighty Goddess of Grammar!"

  "You're such a drama queen." I laugh as he gets back on his feet, laughing as well as he released me. We gained some odd looks, but who cares? We were stuck in our own, little world anyway. Gaven's antics are the highlight of my day. "Want to study today?"