Disturbing Notes

•Y/N: Your Name

Your POV:

I was looking forward to lunch as I make my way over to my locker to grab my homemade meal made from last night's leftover stir fry rice and mixed vegetables with a few pieces of chicken. When I open the metal door, however, I'm detoured by a folded piece of notebook paper that falls from the top shelf. Attached to it by a piece of clear tape is an aesthetic, Polaroid picture of fall leaves. I bend down to pick it up and unfold the page. Someone must've slipped this through one of the thin slots in the door.

'Okay, not sure how to even start. It took me awhile to work up the courage to do this, and I think I should just say it. Y/N, I think I'm in love you, like really in love with you. I just wasn't sure how to say it, so I figured it'd be easier through a note. Maybe you feel the same? Maybe you don't even realize. T̷h̷e̷r̷e̷'̷s̷ ̷l̷o̷t̷s̷ ̷I̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷n̷k̷ ̷a̷b̷o̷u̷t̷.̷ S̷o̷m̷e̷t̷i̷m̷e̷s̷ ̷I̷ ̷e̷v̷e̷n̷ ̷f̷a̷n̷t̷a̷s̷i̷z̷e̷ ̷a̷b̷o̷u̷t̷ ̷m̷a̷r̷r̷y̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷y̷o̷u̷.̷ ̷O̷h̷ ̷g̷o̷d̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷'̷s̷ ̷w̷e̷i̷r̷d̷,̷ ̷i̷s̷n̷'̷t̷ ̷i̷t̷?̷' I had to squint my eyes to make out what had been scratched out with black pen, and yeah, it was super weird reading that someone is thinking about getting married to me. I'm only in high school, and they probably are too, considering they know where my locker is. I keep reading, hoping to learn the identity of the person behind this love note. 

'I promise I'd make a good boyfriend. I'll be your everything if you accept me and would never leave your side or break your heart. I wouldn't dare. I'm sorry if this was weird in any way. I just had to try, you know? If you don't feel the same way, then I guess I'll have to win your heart.' Sadly, no name was signed, so I have no clue who gave me this. Without a name, I can't exactly give an answer to them. I found the letter sweet, yet odd at the same time, and there's lots of it I can't even read. Many areas had been scratched out with the same pen used to write it. It makes me wonder what else they were going to say to me.

'I wonder if Gaven might have any ideas on who this is? Or, did he give me the letter?' I hum softly in thought and put the paper back in the locker. I doubt it was him, since the note was written rather well with good grammar and somewhat neater handwriting, and he's definitely not shy about his feelings. I feel like he'd do a grand gesture or something if he were to ask someone out. Then again, he's full of surprises.

'I'll just ignore it for now.' I grab my lunch and take a seat in the cafeteria, where I wait for Gaven to come from the lunch line.

"Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!" He shouts, bubbling with excitement as he runs up to me with a red, plastic tray in his hands before practically slamming it down on the table. I gasp to be overdramatic.

"Oh my god, you got your headphones back!" I exclaim while pointing to the device hanging around his neck that has been missing for nearly a month now. He looks down at them as if he didn't realize he had them on, excitement dying down only slightly before he laughs.

"Oh, yeah, that too, but that's not what's awesome!" He sits himself down beside me with a wide grin. "I got tickets to the Muse concert this weekend!"

"Really?! That's freaking amazing!" I'm happy for him, since he loves Muse, and he told me that he hardly ever gets the chance to go to concerts. It's no wonder he's so lively today.

"I know right?! You're gonna come with me! My parents got us a hotel room and everything!!!" The boy shovels food into his mouth as I smile happily.