Glistening Eyes

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•F/A: Favorite Animal

________________________________
Author's POV:
________________________________

________________________________Author's POV:________________________________

Distorted moans and ragged breaths resonate from the bed as the sheets shuffle. The silk ties binding Y/N chafe her skin as she moves around, her frantic motions waking the man beside her, causing him to let out a small groan while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. They blink in attempts to adjust to the darkness of the room, but Matt still found it difficult to see his distressed victim as anything more than a silhouette.

"Y/N, you okay?" asks a voice slurred by tiredness and stocked with concern. He was given no answer, just a hitch of breath as her body continues to twist within the restraints, though not as aggressively as before. This made him wonder if a nightmare is plaguing her dreams, and naturally, he wanted to put an end to her discomfort, so he decides to wake her. "Y/N," he calls while placing a hand upon her shoulder to shake it gently, gaining a flinch in response. "Y/N, wake up. You're having a nightmare." The teen's body stilled, yet those jagged breaths continue to fill the air.

"I... I- I'm not asleep," she croaks in a voice strained by sobs. Matt furrows his brow while propping himself up on his elbows with squinted eyes to meet those E/C jewels glazed by tears.

"What's wrong, hmm?" She didn't need to give him an answer, for he realized it a moment after he had asked. All haziness wiped from his mind as a frown appeared on his face. "Are you thinking about him?" The girl shudders at the low tone of his voice, frightened by its unpleasantness, as she turns her head away with quivering lips.

He had seen right through her in a matter of seconds. It was not the first time she had cried in the night over Gaven and her situation, and he knew that. Usually, she was able to keep it down enough that he would stay sleeping, but she had felt so desperate to get out of her binds that she couldn't help herself. She wanted out. Y/N tightened the muscles in her jaw as he sent down a glare.

"You are, aren't you?" The man huffs in irritation while running his fingers through his mess of hair and shakes his head. "I bet you wish it was my brother who had stolen you away, don't you?" His anger showed clearly, making the girl flinch against the pillow and cry harder as she frantically shook her head to deny that accusation. She wouldn't want either brother to treat her this way. It didn't matter if it was Matt or Gaven. She would've felt betrayed either way.

Quiet whimpers came out of her as she shut her eyes tight, gaining a sigh out of her captor, whose anger disappeared in an instant. "Oh, baby, don't cry. Please, don't cry. I didn't mean to frighten you." His fingers dip into the rivers flowing down her cheeks when he cups her face, feeling her become tense under his hold as he guides her to look at him.