Skilled Actor

•Y/N: Your Name

———————————————
Matt's POV:
______________________________

———————————————Matt's POV:______________________________

______________________________

Breathing out a sigh, I throw my head back against the carseat while lowering the phone I had held to my ear, the voice on the other end going silent as I end the call. It's official, I quit my job. It's way too far from the cabin to constantly be driving back and forth, and it would be much more beneficial to find something around here for a number of reasons. For one, I don't want anybody I know seeing me, especially Y/N's parents. If they were to ever catch me walking around, they would question Y/N's whereabouts, and I can't have that, now, can I?

I had contemplated just killing them, but I don't want to try my luck. I haven't been suspected of anything yet, and I should be grateful for that. Besides, Y/N would never forgive me for something like that, and I don't want to worsen her attitude towards me. I won't harm them, so long as they don't pose a problem, which, hopefully, they won't. Thank goodness, we're a few towns away, so the likelihood of running into them here is slim, and thank fuck, I don't have to worry about my own family pestering me.

I breathe out a short laugh and grin upon recalling what I had done just days ago. I had waited for Y/N to fall asleep before slipping out into the night and driving back to my old house. I never got the chance to remove my parents' bodies from the basement, and I wanted to get it done before I completely forgot about it. I was just so excited to bring Y/N to the cabin that it completely slipped my mind. I didn't want to risk the cops or anyone else for that matter finding them at home.

I was extra careful: went at a time when all of my neighbors would be asleep, wore all black, covered my face and wore gloves. With the rotting corpses already chopped to bits, it was fairly easy to carry them to the river and toss them in, though, it took a few trips, and God, was the stench unbearable! I had to spray the place down with, like, twenty air fresheners. As for the bloody tarp I had put them on to keep the basement floor from getting dirty, I had to take that with me to the cabin to dispose of it. It was nerve-racking getting it to the truck, since I had to park a few blocks away so that it wouldn't get recognized, but I, thankfully, didn't see any lights on in the houses and no one was outside.

At last, my parents would be reunited with their favorite son, and I was free of them. It was a peaceful night with a soft breeze and a full moon, which I couldn't help but snap a few pictures of. Being back in that spot by the raging waters brought back memories of that night. I've heard no news of anyone finding my brother's body in the river yet, which is good. Hopefully, it won't be found for a long while.

So far, all the cops have is Gaven's head, which was actually pretty difficult to remove, but having been in a blind rage the time, I wasn't even bothered by the work it took to get it off his shoulders. The morning after, I received a phone call from the police when I was out getting groceries from a local general store near the cabin, which practically made my heart stop. I wasn't sure if I had been found out or not, but I answered anyways, as it would be suspicious not to. To my relief, it was only a check-in to make sure we are staying safe during our little "vacation", which had become a common occurrence ever since we left. I let them know that we are doing fine and that we're keeping our eyes peeled for anyone suspicious who might be targeting us. They bought it and left me alone afterwards, telling me to enjoy the day and stay safe while also urging me to give them a call if anything happens. Every time I take a call with them, I've been sure to drive to a random location so that we wouldn't be easily tracked, tending to head west so that it'd look like we're on a road trip, rather than staying in one spot.

Thankfully, there is no reception in the cabin, so we should be safe from discovery for the most part. Taking calls, however, interrupts my time with Y/N, so I make sure to speed conversations up as often as I can. They're a hassle. I'm just hoping that, at some point, they'll eventually stop because I'm this close to snapping. I twist the key, causing the engine to roar to life, before I press my foot on the gas to head home.

The drive is irritatingly long, but I immediately felt better after parking in front of the cabin. I breathe in the fresh air after stepping out of the car and smile lightly as I make my way inside. Marisa greats me with a meow and purrs loudly as she stretches her small paws in front of her, looking like she had just woken from a nap. I crouch down and scoop her into my hands as I head for the bedroom.

"Were you keeping my sweet muse company while I was away?" I ask the small creature, obviously not expecting an answer. My smile widens upon seeing my beloved wrapped up in bed, for I was happy to see her. "I'm back. Hope you didn't miss me too much." She remains silent as I set the cat on her stomach and slip into bed beside her. She gave a look of discomfort when I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face against her neck. "Sorry I was gone so long this time. I know it gets boring in here by yourself."

"I'd rather be by myself than with you," she spits harshly, but I ignore her and give a calm sigh, comfy in the position I put myself in.

"I'll see about getting a T.V. or something to put in here. Maybe, then, it won't be so bad. Sadly, we can't get Netflix out here without internet, but I always liked soap operas. I was in one once, you know?"

"Huh?" I chuckle against her skin, inhaling her scent, which made her cringe away from me, but she couldn't go far.

"My asshole parents put me into acting when I was younger. It was the worst. I hated every minute of it." I groan and squeeze her tighter, which caused her to squirm a bit. "Though, I suppose I can't be too mad about it. I became a pretty good actor, don't you think?" She grits her teeth, tears forming in her eyes, which causes me to lift my head.

"Come on, don't cry." I cup her cheek and brush my thumb under her eyes. Instinctively, she turns her face away, but since my face was so close, her lips met mine for a split second, which caused her to shriek and try to wriggle away. I laugh at her reaction while sitting up, my fingers on my lips and a heat warming my cheeks. Butterflies fluttered in my chest, and even though I knew it was accidental, I could help but tease.

"Awe if you wanted a kiss, all you had to do was say so." I bring my face closer, bringing out a look of terror in her eyes as she frantically shakes her head and tries to hide her face in the pillows. I giggle at her and plant a gentle kiss on her cheek, which made her cringe. "I'm just joking, Y/N. I know it was an accident. You hungry? Want me to make lunch?"

She nods lightly, likely just trying to regain space. I am practically on top of her right now. I slip away, lingering a bit to enjoy her body heat for a moment longer before walking away with a joyful smile. My fingers return to my lips, missing the feeling of her soft skin against them. My craving for her is unbearable, but I'm patient enough to wait for her to accept me.

I know I'm just hardly scratching the surface and won't be able to do much with her until months, maybe even years, pass. It's frustrating, sure, but it's not like I want to hurt her. I'm sure there's some creeps out there who would gladly take advantage of her vulnerable state. The thought of doing that to her made me sick, though. I couldn't possibly force myself on her. Just the sight of her crying rips my heart out of my chest. I couldn't imagine the hell she'd be in if I moved too fast. Everything would've been easier if she had never found out about what I had done, but oh well.

The point is that I have her, and no one is ever going to take her from me.