Oblivious Slumber

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

Your POV:

'I can't believe they didn't tell me the concert went past midnight.' My mouth opens to yawn as I hold my head up with my hand and gaze out the window. There's nothing interesting to note, just a dark highway with a few other cars driving past. Today had been pretty fun. Before the concert, we went sightseeing in the city and went out for lunch and dinner at some really nice restaurants. The show itself was, in a word, spectacular, except for those five minutes when I accidentally got lost in the crowd of people, but, thankfully, Gaven was able to find me quickly. My head was pounding due to how loud the music was, especially since we were in the front row, but, thankfully, it wasn't anything too bad.

"I can switch seats with you if you'd like, Y/N," Gaven suggests from the back upon noticing my tired state. I look over to him and give an appreciative smile, but politely decline.

"No, that's fine. I wouldn't want to make you move."

"You sure?" I nod my head with a soft hum before facing the front again and closing my tired eyes. I could already feel my body slumping towards the window in exhaustion as Matt adds,

"Maybe he's right? If you're tired, you should sleep in the back. It'll be more comfortable." I lazily wave him off without bothering to open my eyes.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I'm already too comfy to move," my words jumble up towards the end as my body feels heavier. We did so much today, it's no wonder I'm so sleepy. Besides, we have a couple of hours before we even reach my house, so there's plenty of time to take a light nap.

I can hear a soft, amused chuckle, but due to my dazed state, I wasn't able to tell who it came from.

Author's POV:

"So, Gaven, did you like the show?" Matt asks in a quiet whisper as to not disturb the sleeping girl beside him. It has been about half an hour since she nodded off, and he was getting bored of the silence. He needs something to keep him awake while he drives, and the light music coming from the radio wasn't really helping much. Hopefully, a conversation will help him keep his focus.

"Hell yeah! I don't know how you got front row tickets, but that was awesome!" He can't help but laugh at Gaven's enthusiasm, but is sure to keep the sound low before shushing his brother.

"Keep it down, man. You're gonna wake up Y/N."

"Oops! Sorry," he whispers, eyes darting over to his sleeping best friend. A small smile tugs at his lips as a warm sensation tingles the inside of his chest and stomach. "But, your friends really are the best, Matt. Tell Todd I said thanks for the tickets."

"I will, and you know, your friends aren't half bad either." A smile also grows on Matt's lips as he momentarily looks over at the girl beside him. "Y/N is actually pretty cool, unlike Charlotte." The man's voice dipped when saying the second name, like the very mention of Gaven's past girlfriend annoyed him. The younger male groans with the same amount of irritation in his tone while rolling his eyes. To put it delicately, she was a peach.

"Don't get me started on her. I can't believe we were ever even a thing." The beginning of their relationship was actually really great, but, gradually, the girl started showing her true colors. She'd be picking fights with him for no reason and would complain constantly. The breakup too was an absolute disaster because she acted like the victim of it all, like he was the bad guy. He was getting a headache just from the memory of the fight. Matt chuckles at his brother's reaction while looking at him in the rearview mirror for a second.