Childhood Memories

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

___________________________________

The forest at night tends to be active, full of creatures stirring under the moonlight, but in the cabin, all was quiet as Matt and Y/N slept soundly until something prompted the photographer to open and squint his eyes, a random occurrence caused by no sound or specific disturbance. Eyes bleary from drowsiness, he instinctively looked over at the girl tied up beside him to check on her only to hold his breath in horror when he saw a shadow standing over her, staring at her face with a mix of pity and fear. His attention was drawn to the familiar head of curly hair as hazel eyes drifted over to his, cold and dead. For just a second, he saw the person clearly. Their soft features were as white as a ghost with a slit stretched across their neck, spilling an endless waterfall of blood. The rivers were joined by the crimson leaking down the corners of their mouth, sending ominously loud drips to the floor that echoed in his brain. Matt was frozen, his mind empty of thought as his eyes widened. With a creak and spurt of blood from the shadow's throat, they opened their mouth and words came out in a low, raspy croak, yet it was soft, frightened as well.

"What have you done?"

Gasping sharply, Matt shot out of bed in a cold sweat, but the figure was gone now. He panted and checked his heart rate before putting a hand on his face as he hunched over, trying to settle down. His cheeks were warm with fever as he threw the blankets aside and struggled to stand up. The motion stirred Y/N from her sleep, but Matt hardly noticed in his distressed state. Breaths still heavy, the young man stumbles across the hall to the bathroom to splash cold water on his face to cool down. He pats the droplets using the nearest towel and sighs.

'Just a dream. Just a dream.' Now calm, he lifts his head from the towel, meeting his gaze in the reflection. His body went rigid as the figure from before stood behind his shoulder now, those cold eyes burning into his reflection's, crying.

"How long do you think this will last?" Rather than being stolen by fear, Matt's face contorted into anger as he gripped his head and shouted at the figure.

"Go away!"

"It doesn't have to be like this," the apparition claims in a voice drowned with sorrow as he reached for his brother's shoulder to console him. Eyes snapping open, Matt swipes at the shadow, cutting through nothing but air. They were absent again. There was no trace of anyone in the room. Was he going mad? Was he haunted? What was this sick joke?

"She is mine now! I have her, not you, so stay away!" He screams out hysterically, the whites of his eyes red from tiredness. The sound echoed into the bedroom, causing Y/N's stomach to twist. Matt was always so calm, so collected. This behavior was shocking and frightful, even more so when he marched back into the bedroom in a deranged state. Trembling, his captive struggled against her binds to no avail as he slumped against the threshold and turned on the light before staring her down, panting. Seething, Matt drags a hand down his face.