Emotional Tricks

•Y/N: Your Name
•H/C: Hair Color

Author's POV:

"I want to recognize your beauty is not just a mask.
I want to exorcise the demon's from your past.
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart,"

Matt sang along joyfully to the CD in the truck on his way back to the cabin with the savory scent of pizza wafting from the passenger seat, where a cardboard box lies. He was excited to get back and share dinner with his beloved, and it took everything in him not to speed his way there, but he didn't want to deal with the hassle of being pulled over. He couldn't leave Y/N waiting, after all.

"You may be a sinner, but your innocence is mine.
Please me.
Show me how it's done.
Tease me.
You are the one."

Upon approaching the cabin, Matt lowers the music before parking out front and stepping out of the vehicle with pizza in hand. Feeling cheerful, he continues to hum the tune while venturing into the house and heading straight into the kitchen. After seeing no sign of his new housemate, he assumed she was still in their room, unpacking. Nearly, a pleasant tingle ran through him at the thought of sharing a room again. He'd be sure to make it happen so that he could cuddle up with her as she sleeps.

"Y/N, I'm back," the male announces while walking with a pep in his step towards he bedroom door. After opening it, he smiles upon finding the girl lying on the bed with Marisa on her chest, laughing as the cat plays with her hair. It was such an adorable sight that he wished to capture on camera, but he doubted she'd let him. Besides, one wasn't on him at the moment. Once she noticed his presence, Y/N sat up with the tiny cat in her hands and smiles in relief, which caused his heart to soar.

"Food's here." He points a thumb over his shoulder, directing it towards the kitchen. The teenager nods and sets the cat down before getting up. She walks past him, wordlessly heading to the table, thinking he was going to follow her; instead, he lingers in the doorway after seeing all his bags had been emptied, and he felt his heart beating crazily after noticing the stack of pictures sitting on top of the dresser. He hurries over there and looks through them to see which ones she had looked through before sighing in relief.

'Thank goodness. They're only the recent ones.' He breathes out a laugh, but he was still disturbed that she had seen them. After all, there were a few of her sleeping soundly in his truck. Sure, he hadn't put them in the best hiding place, but he never expected her to go searching through his things in the first place. Matt got lucky this time. Curious, he opens the drawer the images were previously in and finds all his clothes arranged neatly in folded piles. A small smile touches his lips as his chest seemingly lightens.

'Awe. She fixed them for me.' That smile twitches into a more sinister grin as he shuts the drawer and starts walking towards the kitchen.

'Oh, my sweet, Y/N. We're alone at last. Soon, you'll be all mine, and, I swear, I'll never let you go. You won't even miss Gaven after I'm through.' Slightly, his chest clenched at the thought of his brother, but he pushed the guilt aside. It was for a good cause; he was convinced of that.