Chapter 16

Shraddha's POV:
It was lunch time for Varun, so the nurse brought Varun a plate of food along with his medications. He looked at me and at the tray of food placed with his medications. I shook my head negative knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"Absolutely not!" I say and he frowns.

"Why not?" He pouts.

"You need to get better obviously." I say bringing his tray table closer and placing his tray on the table.

"I know I do, but I can easily do that when I have you by my side babe." He says with a smirk that sends a blush to my cheeks. 

"You are so annoying." I say covering my face, by burying myself in his chest to which he winced.

"Ow." He winces and I immediately sat up, concern stated in my eyes.

"What? What happened?" I asked cupping his cheeks. He winces once more before he opens his eyes and has a smile playing on his lips.

"Nothing." He laughs.

"You are an absolute idiot!" I exclaim, slapping his chest to which he winces.

"Shrads, that hurt!" He groans and I smile.

"Good!" I smile and he rolls his eyes. "Now shut up, and open your mouth!" I say giving him a spoonful of the food that the nurse brought.

"Shrads, this is disgusting." He says and I look at him in question. I take a spoonful and put it in my mouth.

"The food tastes absolutely fine Varun." I say chewing.

"I know, I just wanted you to eat something." He says and I don't know how much I could ever love this guy. He still cared about me despite the fact that I put him in this condition. I continue to feed him and he showed me he was full and began to feed me the rest. I stared at him in awe as he fed me making sure I ate right infront of him. I then finished the plate, and he had this bowl of fruits and I watched him.

"You are going to eat that." I say, pouring him a glass of water to take with his medication.

"We are going to eat that." He corrects me and I shake my head.

"Here, take this with your medication." I hand him the glass of water and he manages to sit up and takes his medication. I then fluff his pillows and make it comfortable for him. He smiles at me when he sees me tidying up his hospital room. I was going to tuck the sheets in at the end of the bed, when he grabs my wrist making me stop in my tracks.

"Thank you Shrads." He says as I raise my eyes to look at him. He tightens his grip a little bit on my wrist and pulls me a bit closer, which makes me fall ontop him. His hands immediately wraps around my waist as my hands were placed on his firm, muscular chest. My hair strands fall infront of my face, to which he pushes them behind my ear.

"Why are you thanking me?" I question looking at him with curious eyes.

"Thanking you of course for taking care of me." He softly smiles placing one hand on my cheek.

"Shh, I'm not doing you a favor so it is not needed to thank me." I say.

"I know but," I cut him off by pressing my lips against his for a moment before pulling away.

"You talk way too much." I say making him slightly chuckle.

"Well thank you for shutting me up then." He winks as he adjusts himself in the hospital bed, as he makes me lay next to him. I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat gently beating against my ear. His breathing was slightly even, so I looked up to see him fast asleep. I ran my fingers through his hair, before kissing his cheek and placing my head once more on his chest. He held me tighter pulling me closer to him than ever, as if he never wanted to let me go. I wouldn't want him to ever let me go either. I didn't realize when I ended up closing my eyes, falling into a peaceful slumber.