Chapter 28

Shraddha's POV:
He stares at me as if I'm talking pure gibberish. He then clears his throat and wipes that smirk off his face.

"What are you talking about?" He asks pretending as if he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Don't you dare pretend!" I grit my teeth.

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about." He says and looks at his menu. "What is your favorite meal on the menu darling?" He asks without looking at me. Grabbing the menu from his hands, and slam it down on the table I finally grab his attention.

"Why did you pay for my stay at the hotel? Who told you to?" I question.

"I did it because last night meant something to me, not for you it did. But it did to me, and I did it because I wanted to." He says crossing his arms. "Now if you want to discuss this in a nice and calmly fashion, then sit down." He adds using his eyes to motion to the chair across from him.

"I can't sit here and talk to you on the clock." I say looking back to see if my boss is watching me.

"First of all, why are you even working here?" He questions.

" I have bills and rent to pay. I don't know why do people work Varun?" I ask rolling my eyes. "Now what do you want?" I asked.

"I told you what I want." He says smiling.

"I swear I'm going break your face. I already told you I can't." I said.

"Then go on a date with me." He smirks crossing his arms.

"I rather be drunk and sleep with you again than be sober and go on a date with you." I say.

"I gave you two options, it's your choice." He says.

"I choose neither. Now get up!" I say gritting my teeth. He doesn't get up, so I grab his arm and take him out of the diner.

"Don't bother coming back here, I rather not see your face the entire time you're shooting for whatever movie." I shout and shutting the door. Turning around, I notice my boss staring at me and motioned for me to come into his office.

"I understand Shraddha, but touching him in front of other customers isn't something we'd prefer." He says.

"But sir, he was harassing me. Would you have preferred me to let him harass me with open arms? People like him should be dealt with, doesn't matter who's watching and who isn't. You know what, I think I'm going to quit." I say standing up and untying my apron strings and placing it on his desk. Walking out of his office, I went to my locker and grabbed all of my things and left the diner through the backdoor. Walking down steps down the lonely alley, I clutched my bag tightly.

I was about to scream when someone from behind grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the wall. Looking into the deep brown eyes I used to adore at one point, they stare at me covering my mouth.

"Not a word." He orders as I struggle get out of his grip. "You threw me out of your restaurant because I wanted to talk to you about everything in a calmly fashion. Now, you have no choice to listen to me." He adds.

"Last night means something to me and I know it means something to you too whether you want to admit or not. I know it fucking does, and don't try to deny it. It's not gonna get you anywhere." He says.

"Let me go Varun!" I mumble against his large hand. I am so tempted to bite it so he would let go of me.

"Let you go? For what? So you can run off and hide from me for another few days, only to drunk call me and I then find you with another guy in your hotel room? Like how you ran off and flew somewhere I couldn't find you." He says and I bite his hand hard to where he removes his hand from covering my mouth.