Chapter 36

Shraddha's POV:
It's barbecue day! I couldn't be more excited than I already was excluding for how hot it is assumed to be. However, I am glad that there is a pool at the backyard so therefore, if necessary it can turn into a pool party aswell. I packed a few clothes for both Varun and myself incase we do get too wasted especially knowing that Ayan invited some of our mutual friends. Not to mention, I did tell Varun to invite his co-stars knowing they would be in their hotel room alone bored.

"Babe, we're not going to be staying the night you know." He startles me wiping his wet hair with a towel and wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. I try my best not to let my gaze linger on the water droplets disappearing beneath the towel. However, I end up getting caught red-handed that was followed with a smirk.

"I know, I just figured since it was going to be super hot thought we can go in the pool and stuff. Or if we get too wasted, we can just spend the night." I say shrugging.

"Not bad, but I kinda like the privacy we have in this suite." He smirks wiggling his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes with a smile playing on my lips.

"Will you be quiet and just get dressed? Remember, there's going to be alot of girls there." I let out a little hint hoping he can pick up what I'm putting down.

"Yes ma'am. My eyes and arms will always be on one person only." He chuckles wrapping his muscular arms around me.

"You're very smart." I giggle.

"Yeah, well someone wasn't so subtle about that hint."

"Man shut up! You got the point, now stop annoying me and go get dressed. Remember we're meeting your co-stars and we're all leaving together." I say unwrapping his arms from me. He groans making me laugh so I place a kiss on his cheek. He does infact get dressed while I make sure to pack our swimming clothes and a few extra pair of clothes incase we stay the night.

After, I get dressed and make sure to pack my makeup and we both head downstairs and meet everyone. Since it is pretty early, we all decide on a breakfast spot and head out for breakfast. We all started bonding over breakfast and realized that we all will have so much fun.

After breakfast, we all headed over to the house and started getting the day ready. The boys were in charge of the grilling and the music and the other drinks  while us girls were getting desserts, cocktail drinks, and decorating the yard and inside. We had family coming in around 3 so we had a few more helpers. The other set of guests started coming in after 5. We all were pretty much having fun till I noticed someone I have not seen since working at the cafe.

"Ryan! I can't believe you made it." I gave him the biggest hug. Ryan was another friend that I had made when I first came to New York and started working at the cafe. Stupid idiot left the cafe few weeks before I quit.

"How can I not come? I have not seen you in the longest. Ayan invited me and I was hoping to see you. So obviously I came." I pulled away from the hug.

"Well come on, there's food, drinks of course. Your favorite." I pinch him. "Get to meet everyone, and then we'll catch up." I say bringing him to the food table and disappearing looking for my favorite pair of brown eyes. I find him talking with Ayan and another guy as he takes a sip of his beer, he meets my eyes and smile. I make my way towards him and hold his hand.

"Hey babe, I missed you." He whispers in my ear after he places his lips on my cheek making me give him a soft smile.

"Did you get a chance to eat?" I asked and he shakes his head no.