Chapter 35

Varun's POV:
She has to come back with me to India. I want her to at least consider it, I know she would be hesitant about it because of her family. I also know she would love to come to India, but I also know how fond she has become over New York. Hell even I have, I wouldn't blame her to stay here. The beautiful blue crisp skies, the way the sun sets against the Hudson river, living between the beautiful skyscrapers that makes New York!

"What do you think about coming back to India with me?" I question after she puts on my shirt and snuggles against me. I wait for her response but I never get one. I look down at her to see she is fast asleep against my chest or what I think she's asleep. I stroke her hair and kiss her head, before propping my free arm underneath my head.

I can't live without this girl. She means everything to me. I never want to be separated from her ever again! She is the type of woman that I never want to stop making memories with, the type of woman that my love will never run dry for. I look at her and I see the rest of my life in front of my eyes. I look down at her as she sleeps against my chest. This girl, she's my girl. She isn't perfect, but neither am I. But she's perfect for me, and I'll do anything I can in my will power to keep her. I don't know when I drift into a deep slumber with the thoughts of Shraddha in my mind, but I awake to the bright sun seeping into the entire hotel room. I open my eyes to see myself only in bed, but hear the bathroom door open.

"Good morning!" She says when she sees me as she wipes her hair with a towel. I smile at her rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning beautiful!" I say sitting up and stretching my arms. "You're up early, what time is it?" I question.

"It's just after 10." She says and I nod. "Oh shit, I totally forgot to tell you." She smacks her forehead.

"Whats up?" I asked.

"Well, we're having a barbecue this weekend. We're invited, well not me. I'm co-hosting it, so technically you're invited. Oh we also need to do some grocery shopping for it!" She smiles which makes me fake a yawn.

"Come on, can't we spend the rest of this long weekend cuddling in bed," I pause by pulling her back in bed with me "and a lot more of the couple stuff that usually happens?" I add nuzzling my nose in her neck as she squeezes my biceps.

"Nope, no can do sir. We planned it because everything seemed to be going back to normal with all of us. I mean things between us, the whole friend group thing between Ayan, Alizeh, and myself. Not to forget the brewing friendship between you and Ayan." She says staring at me.

"But this is my last weekend in New York. I really want to spend the rest of my trip with you before I head back to India." I say indirectly hinting that I want her to talk about the idea of going back with me. I hear her slightly gulp with her breath hitching in her throat.

"We will, I promise." She says and avoids my eyes and tries to get out of my embrace. "Let's please go shopping for the stuff that is necessary for the barbecue this weekend." She says getting up. She doesn't want to talk about India which makes me feel worse. I don't want to make it feel as if I'm pushing it on her to come to India with me. I want it to be her choice entirely, although I do want her to voice her thoughts about it so I know her feelings on this topic.

"Fine, whatever you wish to do it will happen!" I say getting out of bed and grabbing a towel and head into the shower.

Shraddha's POV:
India, he's only talking about me coming back with him to India. I don't know how I feel in regards to going back to India and seeing my family again. I'm sure none of them would like to talk to me. The first 2 months I flew to New York, I kept trying to reconnect with my family but it went to nowhere. Not even to my father, I haven't spoken to him in at least 8 months. I haven't even spoken to my sister, which makes me slightly tear up. I wish I could speak to her, I want to know all that I've missed within these past few months.