Chapter 6

Chapter 6: The Waterfall

Dipi and I quickly met up with the rest of our family in no time, and the moment we met up with them we were continuing the tour.

Dipi and Orlando argued a bit over where we should go first but eventually, they agreed on a course.

They took us to the sports field, the huge library, the outdoor garden, and the greenhouse. Then the cafeteria, the study hall, the gym, and the theatre.

The school seemed to have it all and I should have been satisfied with seeing so much but something seemed to be itching in the back of my mind.

"Uh, guys," I called out loudly, grabbing their attention so they were all looking back at me. "I'm feeling kind of tired, I think I am going to head to bed."

"Oh really? So soon?" My dad asked, disappointment covering his expression.

"Yeah, I think all the excitement got to me." I told them, my voice coming out tired. I walked up to my parents and wrapped them up in a hug. "I'm going to miss you guys so much." I pulled away to look into their eyes. "I love you."

"We love you too." My mom smiled at me, her eyes a little glossy. "You're going to do great here."

I nodded my head frantically, trying to distract myself from my burning eyes.

My father already had tears falling but a smile was still on his lips.

He didn't say a word, but he didn't need to.

I knew.

I backed away from my parents, knowing the next time I would see them would be many months away, so I soaked up all of them that I could.

I waved at my siblings sending them my most convincing smile and turned around heading in the direction of the dorms.

After I was walking for a couple of minutes I looked behind me to make they couldn't see me and took off running.

I closed my eyes, imagining the beautiful waterfall right outside of my room and in a few moments, I was running in the woods towards it.

After a couple of seconds, I found myself right at the water's edge.

A sense of calm washed over me as I gazed at the fast flowing water. I looked down, taking in how peaceful I looked in the reflection and sighed.

I suddenly felt tired and looked around searching for someplace to sit.

There was a large rock, right next to one of the closest trees to the water.

It didn't look like it would be the most comfortable but with a view like this, I definitely wouldn't mind.

I made my way over to the rock and sat down. It certainly wasn't comfortable but I soon forgot about it and took in the scenery once again.

The flowing water, the gentle breeze, the sparkling lake. It was all perfect.

I don't know how long I just sat there, listening to the sounds of the birds and the bugs and everything around me, but at some point, I was taken out of my peace.

I almost jumped when I felt another presence. It was close by and probably knew I was there but didn't make a sound. I briefly wondered if I was imagining it but the crunching of leaves under their feet confirmed what I already knew,

I wasn't alone.

I was scared yet alert, ready to defend myself under any attack.

"Don't......don't be scared."