Chapter 18

Chapter 18: We Are Going To Fucking Talk!

I was getting closer to the dorms when a body was suddenly right in front of me. I used my magic to completely halt my movement and when I opened my eyes I saw that it was Sam. She stood in front of me with an incredibly determined and also angry expression.

"Sam-"

"Nope!" Sam cut me off instantly, raising up her left hand in front of her face. "You have done enough talking for the next two weeks!" I gaped at her insult but Sam didn't stop. "We need to talk. Or more like I am going to talk and you are going to listen."

I wanted to protest, I really did. But at this point, I was so tired of running from what my friends would think of my that I just relaxed my shoulders and let out a sigh.

"Fine." I agreed, albeit dejectedly. "Let's talk."

Sam, despite the tenseness of the situation, smirked in triumph. I oh-so-desperately wanted to erase it out of pride, but it did not seem like a good idea to get her even more upset than she already was.

She jerked her head back the way that she came and I followed her. In a matter of seconds, I realized that she was taking me outside. I wondered if she had brought anyone else, and when I found our entire friend group standing outside, I got my answer.

They were talking in hushed tense tones, looking slightly anxious. Warlo was the first to notice that Sam and I had arrived and cleared his throat. Everyone in turn looked at me as well. I sighed.

"Let's just get this over with." I muttered, loud enough so that they would all be able to hear. They shared some looks but st down as well. I didn't comment when Dipi walked around Lani and Sam to sit next to me, just scooted closer towards her.

She was my sister and one of my largest sources of comfort, of course I would let her be near me.

Everyone looked at each other, it seemed as if they were deciding with their eyes who would tell me what they wanted to say.

The four of them whispered for a moment before they all got to pushing Harvey, stabbing fingers into the flesh of his back and ribs until he was forced to step forward. Harvey shot quick glares behind them before finally looking at me again.

"Sebastian," He began, clearing his throat slightly with a wince. "Um, I can be a real idiot sometimes. I also have been told that my reading of social cues needs a lot of work. I also can't cook super well to add to my list of issues-"

"Harvey!" Sam hissed fiercely, the glare in her eyes matching her bright hair perfectly. Her beratement effectively shocked him into conciseness. He turned back to me, fists clenched in determination.

"I never should have outed you," He blurted out, finally, looking at me with the most guilt I'd ever seen in him before. "When I found out I didn't think it was a big deal so I thought bringing it up also wasn't a big deal. But, I never thought about how scared you might be to tell people. They've since given me a huge earful about it."

"It's true," Warlo added, eagerly watching me for forgiveness. "The second you left the other day we were lecturing him about queer stuff, at least the parts that we know."

"We would've given you more space but we didn't want you to think that Harvey or any of us thought any differently of you," Lani explained.

Watching my friends was an incredibly odd experience. They were an outgoing bunch, brimming with confidence and thinly concealed humor at all times. But now they were all subdued, guilty, and waiting for my approval. I hated the power. Yet, it gave me the confidence to ask about what had been bothering me for days.