Chapter 12

Chapter 12: That Is Way Too Formal ;-)

I was jogging down the school halls at whatever O' clock, bright and early in the morning. I was panting like hell and only an hour later would I realize that I could have used magic, at this moment, to not have used nearly as much energy to race down the halls.

But I didn't, and because I was running late all I could focus on was how angry Ms. Dovermal would be if I was late.

So I ran, I ran like my life depended on it. Because, well, it probably did. Seriously though, I did not want to deal with a pissed Ms. Dovermal so when I passed through the door seconds before the bell rang, I sent blessings to the greatness above that let me not be late.

I saw my regular seat from my position at the front of the room and frowned when I noticed that it wasn't wonderfully empty like I had always found it before.

A random guy was sitting in the chair, he didn't have any of his stuff laid on the table in front of him so I assumed that he was just there to talk with the girl he was currently conversing with.

"Alright, class! Get to your seats, we are about to start." Ms. Dovermal suddenly announced. Several students who were standing went to sit down or had to walk almost across the room to get to their seats. For a second I wondered if I should just leave the guy in my seat, my stuff wasn't there yet and there were some empty ones I could use for the day.

With that thought, I went to find another seat, but I noticed the guy start to get his hand up the girl's shirt. I couldn't tell from the girl's expression whether she wanted it or not but it was too gross for me to let it continue.

I waltzed up to them as quickly as I could and when I got to the two I just stood beside the guy. He stopped his hand, not yet pulling it out of the girl's shirt, and turned to look at me.

"Ok, I get that you haven't gotten some action in a while but can you leave us alone so that we can?" He sighed, smirking as he looked at me with lazily hooded eyes. The insult was shocking but I knew after years of experience that the only way to successfully deliver one back with as much burn and shade as possible was to act like it was terrible.

"You know, it's great to find out that in your mind coming here equalled sexually frustrated. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by you not using your head because shoving your hand down her shirt when class is going on already showed your lack of common sense." I calmly said, my voice low but fast. The guy looked stunned, almost as much as his partner who went to pull his hand out of her shirt.

"No, you were actually wrong. I'm here because you took my seat. I'll probably be having to wipe it down to get rid of your horn but I'm sure it will be worth the sacrifice if I can wait a few hours to jump someone, unlike some people." I explained, throwing in insults wherever I could.

The guy looked angry, but it did not look that dangerous because he was also embarrassed. His blush mixed with his angry expression was pretty funny but I didn't laugh since it would ruin the effect of my previous words.

He got up loudly, letting the chair scrap the ground then fall onto the floor as he quickly walked away to his actual seat.

I knew that what I said was wholly unnecessary and could possibly lead to problems in the future but he tried to get me away by insulting me, and that was the absolute worst thing to do.

The "desks" were set up as free, movable chairs lined up behind long tables that were bolted to the ground. There were stairs that ran through the middle of the tables and stairs that ran up the sides. My seat was close to the farthest side of the far table so I didn't have to walk around a lot of tables to get to my seat.