Chapter 21

Chapter 21: So, I'm Into Older Men Then

I never, not in a million years, would I have thought that I would enjoy being in a relationship this much. Although the two of us were not officially dating, for some pretty obvious reasons, we were more open with our feelings with each other and it felt as if we were dating. And I loved every moment of it. 

I didn't know his name or what he looked like, but when we talked and could hold each other's hands, I knew how much he cared about me. He was so sweet and caring, listening to everything that I said so carefully. He also was also so cute he played with my fingers, it was if he couldn't get over the fact that the fingernails that he was holding were mine. I loved it. I loved every second of it. But that was the problem. I loved it all, 

And I still didn't completely know who I was loving.

Only a week has passed since my mystery man gave me his conditions, yet it felt like an eternity.

But, that eternity had been so amazing . . .

"You seem really spaced out Sebastian." I heard someone say, breaking me out of my happy bubble. "Even more than normal you airhead, what's up?" I was confused for a moment before I remembered that I was at one of the tables in the library with Nick

Nick and I had gone to the library again to work and study because of how quiet and comfortable it was to do so in the library. The rest of our friends could have possibly joined us, none of them had wanted to stay quiet for the librarians. I looked up from the book that I was pretending to read and sighed.

"What's up, Nick is that I am in love with a guy that I don't know the name of, and it is bothering me more and more as time passes." I explained to him dejectedly before gasping in surprise. I had already told my friends that it was starting to bother me a lot that I didn't know who he was, but I had never said that I was in love with him out loud. Was I even in love or did I just like someone so much that I just called it love?

I went to correct myself but stopped when I saw the slow smile that came on to Nick's face.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Sebastian," He warned with a small smile. "But that is really cute." 

I blushed and shook my head.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved off the compliment, avoiding Nick's eyes purely because of embarrassment. "Why, don't we get back to working, huh?" Nick smirked at me and I worried that he would continue to tease me, but he listened and soon we went back to our work, talking occasionally but leaving each other to our business. I loved all of my friends but one of the reasons that I really enjoyed studying with Nick was that he studied too, and let me study by myself if I wanted to. Nick was a very chill person, far from flamboyant and excessively out-going in any way. Which made how he had acted a little over a week ago seem like a complete anomaly compared to his regular attitude.

I reopened my book and started to read it instead of staring at the pages. Because it was a school book, it was quite boring, but I read it and time passed smoothly as Nick and I went through our school work.

~~~~~

I sat on my favourite rock, a soft smile adorning my face while I swayed on the firm surface. I was humming a song I had listened to earlier and, as many songs do, it had gotten stuck in my head. I was still humming and swaying when I felt two large hands grip on to both of my arms. I squealed in surprise and jumped up, hearing my mystery man laugh because of it. 

I huffed and crossed my arms, my youngest child mentality popping up suddenly.

"Hey, hey. I was just teasing." He tried to say, wrapping his arms around me. Because I hadn't gotten any warning, I was able to see his forearms again. He was definitely white. I closed my eyes and tensed, hoping that he thought that I was still upset. I wasn't upset at all anymore but he couldn't know that. He leaned forward and hugged his whole body against my back. I was starting to relax when I suddenly felt his hands grip my waist and start tickling me.