Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Sink Or Sail!

“I am so excited but also really nervous.” I told my friends, wringing my hands together as I spoke. “This is a big deal.”

“Not just a big deal, but a huge deal.” Dipi added, eyes excited despite the nervous frown on her face. Like usual, she was one of the most anxious over this situation. Dipi and Lani had joined Warlo, Nick, and I in our room. We were all sitting around, eating snacks and gossiping because right at this moment, Harvey should be telling Sam that she is his mate.

The six of us had actually been at our usual spot outside when Sam had walked up and after greeting all of us, asked Harvey is she could speak with him. The rest of us quickly got the message and ran inside before they could even consider finding a different spot to talk.

Now, we were trying to entertain ourselves with food and simple games when we all wanted to be flies on the wall beside Sam and Harvey. We were dying to find out how their conversation was going, and that frequently came into the conversation.

“Those two are mates and now we have to sit around and wait to hear if Sam accepts him- I can’t do this.” Dipi whined loudly, standing up and trying to run out of the room. Lani reached out, getting a handle on her calf and kept her from racing out of the room.

He had been sitting next to Dipi, on her right, I sat on her left. Nick was on the other side of me and Warlo on the other side of him. Lani was the only obstacle in Dipi’s way but he luckily took the initiative to stop her before she barged in on Sam and Harvey’s conversation.

“You can’t go in there, Dipika.” Thulani said softly yet firmly. Dipi made a small sound of complaint but sat down next to Thulani again.

Warlo laughed behind his hand at how quickly Dipi gave up but quickly stopped when she sent a dark glare his way. Dipika sighed heavily, pulling at the hair tie that secured her ponytail until her hair fell along her back in loose waves.

Lani’s eyes were glued onto Dipi as she did this, and Warlo smirked at the sight. Nick, always the best at this, quickly changed the subject and brought the focus back to Harvey and Sam.

We spoke and gossiped about the two of them for a while, Lani and Warlo in a casual game of speed at the same time. Some time passed when Nick suddenly got a thoughtful look on his face.

“What do you think their ship name would be?” Nick asked, fingers pulling at his bottom lip without much focus. Lani released a sudden loud laugh, shaking his head softly.

“Would be? Those two are basically an item.” Lani pointed out, getting some nods from others in the room.

“Okay then, what should we call them, now that they are an official item?” Nick asked, now rephrasing his question. Dipi hummed, biting on her bottom lip.

“I don’t think I am a very big fan of Sarvey or Harsam. Those names kind of sound weird.” Dipi thought aloud, eyes downcast as she wore a thoughtful expression. Warlo looked up from his game with a small smirk.

“I have been calling them Ham in my head for the longest time now, actually.” Warlo admitted with a relaxed shrug. “I just think that it fits.”

I had to get up to give Warlo a high five after that.

“I agree. I have been calling them Ham since the first time they met.” I added with a prideful grin. “It really is the best choice.”

It took a bit of convincing from Warlo and I, but we eventually got everyone on the same page. Soon after that, Dipi went to open up another group chat titled “Convo About Ham” so we could talk about them.