Chapter 49

Chapter 49: When He Wants de D

“ . . . And she was really against it the first day. But today she was calling me and asking me tons of questions about everything.” I was telling him, catching him up on what had been going on between my mother and me. “A lot of them were pretty dumb and offensive, but I still appreciate that she was asking. That has to be a good sign, right?”

Dean had my hands in his, rubbing against my palms while he listened intently to every word that came out of my mouth. He nodded and gave me a soft smile.

“It is a good sign.” He said, the encouragement coming from him and falling on to me with ease. “Her being interested in your sexuality is her trying to understand this major part of you. And with understanding often comes acceptance.”

I smiled widely at him and he grinned back, deciding that simply holding my hand wasn’t enough and pulling me into his arms. I was spending some time at Dean’s place again. It was one of the few places on campus where we could get some true privacy and both of us enjoyed our own space. I especially enjoyed it because it gave me a chance to imagine that this wasn’t Dean’s apartment, but our apartment. In my mind, we have been living here together for years and this was another one of those days where we could get cozy and talk. 

It hasn’t even been a week since I came out to my parents. My dad was probably alright with things still, but I couldn’t tell since we still didn’t talk on the phone much. The day after it happened, my mother didn’t call. It could have been because she didn’t feel like it or forgot, or she didn’t want to speak to her now gay son. I still wasn’t completely sure about that part. Then, the day after that, she called me and acted as if nothing had changed from the dozens of times she has called me in previous months. 

I had been afraid that she was just going to ignore my sexuality altogether. Not accept it, but act as if it wasn’t there. While that would have been a peaceful alternative to her yelling at me any time that we spoke, it still didn’t sit well with me. Finally, today she called and began to ask questions. Although I hadn’t told Dean anything about coming out to my parents and my mother’s horrible reaction, I was now so excited that I just had to bring it up once we were alone. And, from Dean’s reaction to what my mother did, I had plenty of reason to be excited.

“I’m happy for you, Sebastian.” Dean told me, his words muffled as his mouth was pressed into my hair. I was a bit confused as to where his comment was coming from and pulled my head away from his chest slightly just so I could look at his face. Dean had a warm look on his face, yet there was also thoughtfulness in his expression. “You are figuring out your life and dealing with what’s needs to be dealt with. When . . . when I was your age I let so many things go unsaid and had several things unresolved with the people around me. But, you aren’t just letting these issues build up anymore and aren’t leaving things unsaid. I’m proud of you.”

I’m not sure what this said about me, but putting aside all the other words he said, just hearing him say the words “I’m proud of you” had me grinning like a Cheshire cat. Knowing that my mate and boyfriend, Dean, was proud of me gave me all the confidence in the world.

A bit of warmth had come to my cheeks and I nestled my face back into his chest, my smile still wide on my face. I sighed peacefully once I was held securely to his chest. This had to be my favourite place in the world, protected in Dean’s arms.

“Thank you.” I muttered happily, voice soft and gentle. Dean used one of his hands to rub up and down my back, and I sank further into his chest at his touch.

“You’re welcome.” He replied lowly, meeting my eye with a warm look. Staring up at Dean’s face, I was suddenly reminded of how close my crotch was to his and how much I had been waiting to do something else after our one time out in the woods. Dean’s hands on me were suddenly very hot and I shifted uncomfortably on his body. I was really horny. The thought brought a blush on my face and Dean reacted to my change in expression by stroking one of my cheeks softly, meaning the red was definitely showing through.