Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Completely Exposed

There is always a time in everyone's life where, even if only for a moment, everything feels perfect. It might not seem perfect when you really think about it. But, it feels like everything is just as it should be.

That is how my life feels right now.

While thinking back on my week, I realize that my life feels perfect. Technically, there are a few things wrong and certain things could be better, but everything feels perfect.

For starters, I am actually here at the academy that I have always dreamt of going to, sure my grades aren't perfect, far from it, but they are mostly good and the experience of being around great people is incredible.

Then, I have a crush on someone. And for the first time, that someone is a person close to me who knows that I exist. Sure, he refuses to let me see him or even let me know his real name, but I know that he cares about me, we have great conversations, and  . . . he might like me back. Our relationship, although weird, is in a great place at this moment so I am so happy to have met him.

I also have a teacher as a friend. And not just any teacher, but my idol. I have been a big fan and have had an insane amount of respect for Dean McCain and now we can have casual conversations about whatever after class. I actually consider him a friend. Whether he considers me a friend as well, that is a whole other story, but it still counts, so I'll take it.

And not to mention, I have a group of people who have other friends that they could be hanging out with, but instead, choose to hang out with me and my friends. For example, Harvey and Thulani have been here for a year already and already had friends, but they still take the time to come and hang out and each lunch with us, a group of mostly freshmen.

Even my sister, who has half of the school willing to be her friend, is sticking around me.

It is probably a little bit narcissistic to be thinking like this the thought that I have such great friends really makes me smile.

And speaking of awesome people who are also super funny, all of us agreed to meet in Harvey's huge ass room and play some board games. Dipi learned this cool spell that could recreate brand name products so she has Monopoly, Catan, Apples to Apples, and Cards Against Humanity in her room.

It was Friday and since we all figured out that we had minimal homework, or more like "room-work",  we thought it would be a great idea to just get together and chill.

"Hey, Sebastian!" I heard Warlo yell from inside of the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I responded absentmindedly. I had been making my bed because I had been lying on it during the day and messed up my perfect cover work, but because it was such an easy task my mind started to wander. Thus, the deep recap of my life at the moment.

"You're good at using your magic right, Sebastian?" Warlo asked, still yelling from where he was in the bathroom.

"Uh, yeah, I think I can use it pretty well." I replied, unsure of my response. "I mean, you saw it a couple of weeks back. I think you can judge that for yourself."

I heard barely half a second pause before Warlo said,

"Yeah, you're very good. I was asking because I wanted to know if you could, uh, magic up some beers and sodas. Maybe some chips and other junk food. We can't just go and get them ourselves because they have designated times when we can eat and they never have junk food. And I miss just sitting on my bed with a huge bag of Doritos and going ham, you know?"

I sighed and after I finished adjusting the throw blanket until it was perfect to my liking, I went to sit on the floor.

"I don't know Warlo, I would feel kind of uncomfortable with bringing alcohol onto campus, and I might not be able to get the chips right." I tried to explain, my voice wary and uncomfortable.