Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Aggressive Spells

I hadn't talked to Sam in three days. This is primarily because of the bomb that Harvey had dropped four days before and the way that I knew the rest of my friends would react to it once they got a chance to speak to me.

So I wasn't giving them that chance. A part of me had wanted to avoid everyone in my life, including my sister and brother, but Dipi already knew about it and Orlando had no idea of the Tea that Harvey had gone and spilled all over the grass.

It was actually quite difficult to ignore the rest of my friends though, especially during meals and breaks. They had the easy task of finding what table I was sitting at and bothering me, while I had to either leave or be forced to speak to them.

The first day of me ignoring them, they were more forceful with their attempts, and I ate almost no food because I spent all the meals running away from them so that I wouldn't hear what they wanted to say.

The second day was much easier because they seemed to the think that once I had time to cool down that I would just waltz back to them and went for them to finally give me several pieces of their mine. Of course, I was not going to do that but it made it easier for me when they thought that I was.

But the result of all of this was me seeming much more subdued and less energetic than usual during the day. If that hadn't alerted Dean that something was wrong, then the fact that I sat on the opposite end of the second row as to avoid Sam had to have done it.

After Dean's class ended yesterday, I had tried to leave without interacting with him at all as to not act like a bitch to my favorite teacher and friend. But, he had called me out the moment that I stood up and asked me to stay and speak with him, not only did that make it impossible for me to have a stealthy escape, but it also warded off the other students, mainly girls, from trying to speak with him after class, giving him as much time as possible to talk to me.

I walked over to him reluctantly and saw that he was carefully tidying me as I walked over to him.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything really, but he spoke first.

"Okay, what has been up with you these past few days, Sebastian?" Dean asked me the moment that I stood in front of him. "You have been walking around the school with a permanent frown and kicked puppy expression, heavily avoiding me, and, from the way that you try to be as far away from Samantha as possible, some of your friends too." His arms were crossed over his chest and I knew quickly that he was, in a way, trying to intimidate me. Maybe to intimidate me into telling him the truth.

I sigh and carefully try to judge Dean's expression. I had been scared shitless to tell my friends this fact, could I just say it out loud to THE Dr. McCain?

"I have been avoiding my friends for the past few days because one of them told the others . . . something that I didn't want them to know." I explained to him, careful to leave out the most important detail.

Dean's eyes were narrowed and he stared at me for a while, probably deciding if he wanted to believe me or not. His sharp eye's stare lingered for a while and I felt a shiver of . . . lust . . . run down my spine

"You're telling the truth?" He asks, and I wonder if I am supposed to answer or not.

"Yeah . . ." I say, my voice trailing off.

"Then what did your friend tell them?" His eyes stay locked on my own, waiting for my next response.

I swallow down and instinctively find my eyes snapping away from his gaze to the floor.

Less than a second after, Dean is reaching out his hand, gently placing his fingers under my chin and raising my head to look at him again.

"Don't look away." He mutters, distracted. His eyes leaving my own and going slightly down. What I hadn't known at the time was that he had been looking at my lips, watching as my tongue ran across the plump skin.