Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Revenge

“He is getting a whole interrogation.” She stated firmly, her mouth set into a hard line. “And Orlando is coming too. We’ve kept him out of the loop long enough.”

Lani chuckled softly, gaining Dipi’s sharp glare.

“Are you sure he won’t just stay nice because he is talking to a prominent figure?” Thulani asked laughing softly. Dipika continued to glare at him, and eventually, Lani broke. I chuckled at the sight, breaking my sister out of her stare.

“Common Dipi, he is my soulmate. And I have been with him for a while now. I think that I would know if he was a dick.” I laughed, gaining a pout from my older sister.

“That is for Orlando and I to decide.” Dipika stated, finishing the conversation by bringing a bit of waffle up to her mouth. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my breakfast as well.

It was the morning after I had spent the evening at Dean’s place. I immediately told my friends about it and the first person to speak was Dipi. I wasn’t too sure of what they thought of the situation. And, other than Dipi’s predictable reaction, I was honestly a bit curious about them.

“I’m not super sure about him.” Warlo said, picking at his eggs and toast. “The stories that you told haven’t necessarily been the best and he is famous. We’ve all heard about how crazy some famous people are.”

“True,” Harvey added, not surprising anyone with his agreement. “I hate to be pessimistic but I have no idea if this guy is legit and I worry that he could be taking advantage.”

I opened my mouth to respond but Nick was already defending me.

“Advantage?” Nick asked, his voice low and icy. “Advantage of what? Sebastian’s sad mind or weak body? He could break all of the bones in that old man’s body if he wanted to and not break a sweat. Sebastian is not a simple puppet being controlled. He made the choice to start dating this guy even after finding out that he was indeed famous. I think that we should trust that.”

Nick sent me a discreet nod and I returned it in kind.

“Well . . . ” Sam trailed off, her bright white teeth biting down on her bottom lip. “I don’t think that it is that simple. Sebastian, you have been a fan of his for a long time. Maybe he used that to his advantage when pursuing you?”

At that sharp glare that I was sending her way, Sam quickly backtracked.

“Of course, we don’t know! We weren’t there.” Sam added quickly, raising both of her hands up next to her head. “But maybe this is something to think about.”

I shook my head and sighed, everyone’s comments going through my head.

“He didn’t do that, just so you know.” I told them quietly, eyes trained on the table. “And just so you know, I am having him meet you because you are my friends and I would like for my boyfriend to know you. You are not the sole factor of whether I continue to date him or not so know that unless it is rightfully founded, I will be ignoring anything you say about him.”

I saw them settle into their seats and try to accept the announcement but Dipi was still not backing down.

“Don’t forget what I did to all of your other ‘girlfriends’.” Dipi told me, giving me a dark look. I frowned and ignored her comment.

Dipika was a great sister, but she was unnecessarily protective over me. She fully encouraged any crushes that I had, but whenever I tried to do anything serious with girls, she came like a momma bear to chase them away. While it did irritate me, it usually proved that the girls weren’t worth it. One girl had even tried to flirt with her and at that point, I had thrown her out myself.