Chapter 14

Chapter 14: A Bad Grade

"No," Mystery man answered, coming to stand right behind me and placing his arms on my shoulders. "For this? I would never say no."

I grinned, hard. I bit my lip to try and stop the smile from appearing but against my wishes, I found myself grinning proudly from ear-to-ear, yet blushing as well.

The compliment was so unexpected and sounded so sincere that I found myself bashful and blushing. This was the first time in a long time that I was glad for us to have never talked face-to-face. I did not want him to see how much his words had affected me.

"Well, I am glad that you enjoy this so much. It really inflates my ego nicely." I told him, trying to deflect whatever seriousness that his comment held. I heard him scoff from behind me then shake his head.

"You know, I think that I like hanging out with you, then you say something like that and I end up questioning why I even came." He said jokingly, his hands resting on my shoulders and massaging the muscle underneath.

I found myself swaying slightly as his hands continued to dig and knead into my shoulders. I eventually became so relaxed that small moans started leaving my mouth.

I was still relaxing under Mystery Man's great massaging skills and warm hands when I suddenly felt his breathing against my neck.

"You probably shouldn't be moaning like that." He advised me, his voice low with a sexy rasp that had my toes curling. "If anyone finds us here, they'll think that I'm doing something completely different to you."

I shiver ran down my spine and Mystery Man just dug into me harder, his hands now sliding down my back.

I let out a breath while his hands were sliding down my back but as they started to slide back up, his palms dragged up my shirt a little bit as well. I startled gasp left my lips when his skin touched mine. Electric.

Had we never had skin to skin contact before? Or was there something different about this moment?

With all the . . . sensations, I found myself acting like I complete idiot and saying the most stupid thing.

"I don't think I'm following." I started, attempting to sound genuinely bewildered. "If someone found us here, what would they think you were doing to me?"

His hands completely stopped and I was worried that I said something wrong, but then his hands started moving again, this time running down the front of my shirt. Because he hadn't asked me to, my eyes were still open so I stared at his arm.

He was white, tanned, but clearly a white guy. His forearm was strong with a prominent dusting of brownish blonde hair from the elbow to his wrist.

His hands were large, his nails short but clean and his fingers long. He didn't seem to use his hands for heavy duty work because the skin seemed remotely well taken care of. With those clues, I closed my eyes. Somehow I didn't really want to see more than I already had.

His other arm followed and before I knew it, they were against my stomach and sliding up my chest, dragging my shirt along with them. I gasped. The shocking feeling was back along with some panic.

Should I push him away or wait to see what he had in mind. I opened my mouth to say something, although I am not sure of what I had planned to say, but he removed his hands before I could even start.

"I think you can guess what they would think I am doing to you." He finished, his voice sounding smug and triumphant.

I would have attempted to knock him back down but after what happened, I couldn't really crack a joke at all, much less a good one.