Chapter 27

Chapter 27: AA = Awkward Angry

Last night, I could feel the concern and curiosity rolling off of my friends in heavy waves. They could barely stop themselves from storming me with questions over my sudden change of mood after meeting with my, now ex, boo.

But instead of doing that, they simply offered me quiet and otherwise silent comfort, which I greatly appreciated.

Something about being smothered with affection at times was too much, especially in particularly bad moods. So the way that they treated me was perfect

Until the morning came.

Spending well over an hour avoiding their questions and trying to curb my seemingly permanent irritation was not fun. But few things were fun when you have just had a fight with your . . . boyfriend? Mate?

I'm not very sure of what to call him, I just know that I am angry with him, and I want him to suffer too.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell my friends about that. I wasn't completely sure about the school's policy towards teachers dating students and I also was not sure of how our relationship might affect Dean's career.

I didn't consider my friends to be the total gossip types, but I still had more to learn about them. If they thought that spilling our relationship tea would protect me from being used by an older man, they would certainly do that too.

Plus, I was raging mad at the guy and didn't want him to have the blessing of being proclaimed as my man.

That was too good for him right now.

But my friends and sister sure were persistent. Talk about awkward when the subject of the conversation refuses to speak a single word once "last night with 'bae'" or "Dean" is brought up.

They simply assume it was because it had to do with relationships in general and I was not going to correct them.

Packing up my stuff in Magic 101, I can feel the presence of my teacher lurking close by. I somehow am able to keep my body relaxed and open when I turn around, despite my urge to shrink away from the woman.

When I see her serious eyes and hard expression, I assume that my act worked.

"Mr. Terrenova," She starts, her chin high and her eyes calm. "You have performed fairly well in class today."

My eyebrows shoot to my hairline in surprise. A compliment? Is that what I am hearing?

My cheeks warm the slightest bit and a duck my head.

"Thank you Ms. Dovermal-"

At my response, she raises her left hand as a symbol to shut me up. When I do so, she lowers it again and starts to speak.

"Sebastian, your performance is usually spectacular or at least amazing. 'Fairly well' is not your norm." She explains. Her voice blunt and to the point. "You need to figure out why you are completing your spells like this again and fix it. My advice? Figure out your relationships first. Knowing you, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a lovers spat."

My mouth was hanging open at what I thought would be the last of her comments until she tilts her head and narrows her eyes at me.

"By the way, Mr. Terranova. If you want to appear unafraid of me, then please do it convincingly. You looked like a chihuahua trying to find a husky."

With that, Ms. Dovermal then walked away, and I was left confused and even more upset than before. Is it that obvious that Dean was affecting me? Is his control over my emotions so strong that he messed up my performance in class?