Chapter 50

(A/N: This is going to be in 3rd person because I have been doing that for my other 3 books recently. My apologies if it seems unusual)

Chapter 50: Lust

Sebastian wrung his hands together, his thoughts moving a million miles per hour. While Sebastian was completely submerged in his complicated thoughts, Dean watched him with concerned eyes. Sebastian had been the one to invite himself over but with how reserved he was acting, Dean was getting very worried. He and Sebastian had been on good terms recently but obviously, had he done something wrong. 

He may have messed up in a way he never realized and now Sebastian was upset. Or, Sebastian could be this bothered because Dean would be leaving in about a week and—Dean gulped just thinking about it—Sebastian might be having second thoughts about staying with Dean while he is gone for work.

Dean stared at the side of Sebastian’s face, soaking in his features. His full brows were furrowed in thought, his brown eyes dark and focused on the ground. Sebastian’s angled jaw had a light dusting of stubble after so many days of skipping shaving to get to breakfast sooner, and that hair went up to create a mustache over his thin pink lips. The light was reflected off of a straight nose and smooth skin, all with a golden brown tone that always made Dean itch to touch his soft skin. 

Sebastian was so handsome —so beautiful— that by the time Dean was able to take his eyes off of the man’s appearance, he found himself blown away by his mind. Sebastian would probably be stormed by guys and girls all too willing to stay with him for throughout university. Dean was lucky to have gotten the chance to be with Sebastian as long as he had, he just hoped that Sebastian would be happy whether they stayed together or not.

Sebastian, too occupied in how he would share his feelings with Dean, was oblivious to his mate’s attention. What would he think, Sebastian wondered when he finds out that his boyfriend was obsessing over having sex with him? He hoped that Dean at least took it as a compliment if he didn’t want to do it with Sebastian.

They finally got to Dean’s place and Sebastian’s heart started to beat relentlessly. Even Dean was taken aback by the palpable fear that seemed to be exuding from his boyfriend in waves. What in the world had Sebastian this nervous? 

Dean decided that even if Sebastian really was about to break up with him, he wasn’t about to let this go on any longer. The second Sebastian took off his second shoe, he grabbed Sebastian’s upper arm and pulled him over to the sofa.

Sebastian’s eyes had gone wide, surprised by Dean’s bold move. His heart had actually calmed a bit due to the shock but his eyes were still wide open when he found himself seated in front of Dean. His boyfriend had a determined look in his eyes that drilled into Sebastian’s nervous gaze.  

Man, I thought I was the one with the news. Sebastian thought to himself while still staring into Dean’s eyes. Dean bit his lip nervously, now peering down at his hands intently. Sebastian didn’t say a word. Despite wanting to say something, he thought it more important that Dean goes first. Dean looked up, his bright eyes piercing into Sebastian’s very soul.    

“If you want to break up with me, I will let you go.” Dean said simply, his face blank. Sebastian needed a moment to blink. Once, twice, three times, he was still confused . . .

“What?” He blurted, nothing else coming out of his sputtering mind. A sad smile grew on Dean’s lips, and he took Sebastian’s hands into his own.

“I know that you are nervous and if it is about breaking up with me then know I’m not going to make this difficult for you.” Sebastian’s jaw dropped as Dean dropped his eyes back to their connected hands. Sebastian began to sputter as he finally caught on to what Dean was trying to tell him. “I just want you to be happy.”