Chapter 45

(A/N: Above is Listen by Beyonce. It came to mind b/c of the "I am alone at a crossroads" line. I am so simple, XD. P.S. I feel like you guys might hate Sebastian a bit after this)

Chapter 45: Crossroads

I feel like a fat pig. Here I am, sitting at my boyfriend's dinner table alone as I wait for him to bring in the food.

While I sat with my legs crossed and my hands tucked in between my thighs, I imagined myself to have my tongue hanging out of my mouth and my hands rubbing together as I eagerly waited for dinner. I felt completely horrible and wrong for sitting here while Dean continued to cook for me.

But he had explicitly asked me to sit here and wait for him to finish. I wanted to listen to him and not push against such little orders. I hoped that by listening to the little things, I would be able to push against him with the little things.

One being my career choice . . .

I tried not to focus on that, drawing my attention back to the current moment. I felt ungrateful sitting still. I had to go see my boyfriend. I hoped that Dean wouldn't be too upset with me and got up, quickly walking into the kitchen.

It was a small room, short and narrow, only holding enough room for two people to cook comfortably. But, that was just fine for Dean and I, wasn't it?

I slipped into the kitchen, finding Dean stirring something in a small pot. Deeming my plan safe enough, I crept up behind him and, as smoothly as I could manage, I snaked my arms around his torso. In all of our time of dating, we hadn't explored such couple-y and domestic things like this before. It was fun to place the underside of my chin on his shoulder, looking at his work even as I felt my neck being strained a bit.

Dean barely jumped, but he did look back at me, eyes wide in surprise since he did not expect me to join him, especially not it the way I did. But, he did not complain and relaxed again. I hummed at his acceptance, swaying the both of us slightly before I spoke.

"What is this?" I asked him innocently, the skin on my cheek rubbing against his neck slightly as I spoke and causing him to shiver in my arms. I smirked but did not move my position, instead leaning further towards the side of his neck.

Dean smiled, now swaying with me and briefly resting his non-stirring palm on one of my hands.

"This is the sauce that will go on top." He answered, scraping at the sides of the pot before mixing it again. "I'm warming it now because I wanted it warm when you ate it so you could enjoy the whole meal even more."

I smiled, taking this convenient opportunity to plant a lingering kiss on Dean's neck. I felt it tingle through our bond that went from my neck down my body to a place far lower. It was telling me how that made Dean feel and my mind was suddenly far away from any sauce. At least, away from any edible ones.

I cleared my throat, taking my mind out of the gutter as best as I could.

"What a caring boyfriend." I drawled, smiling as I felt Dean's skin heat. "How did I ever get a mate like you?"

Dean shrugged, chuckling as he looked away from his task to glance up at me.

"I'm not sure, but I feel exactly the same way." Dean whispered softly, eyes boring into mine intensely with little distance between us. "I guess we're both lucky, Sebastian."

I grinned.

"Or we both did something really good in our lives." I added, watching Dean's eyes squint as he chuckled.

"Either way, I'm glad I met you." Dean told me, his voice earnest and sweet. I smiled an honest genuine smile and captured his lips in a sensual, languid, yet loving kiss. Dean soon broke the kiss and turned to the stove, turning it off and taking the pot off of the heat.