Three || It's Not Real Till It's Real

Colby's POV:

I was walking near the park just because I wanted to see how many people showed up for this memorial. When I got there, there were so many people.

I get that it's fucked how she was so sad that she felt the only solution was to take her life, but why are they making it this big of a deal? She wasn't popular so I don't know why all these people are here.

I was standing in the distance just observing when I got onto Snapchat. I went to my conversations and stared at the unopened message I've been avoiding opening.

'Message from Jade Brooks. One week ago'

I tapped on it and read the message.

'Can you help me with something?'

The message read. She messaged me a week ago but I just never opened it. I knew if I responded she'd start a conversation with me and I don't exactly like having conversations with her on Snapchat.

I decided to go home. This was a sad environment to be around. A bunch of sad crying people. Not exactly how I'd like to spend my Saturday night.

-

Going to the memorial on Saturday did kinda open my eyes and see how fucked up i was being towards Crystal, Paige, and Mariah. So I decided to go to the green room today and tell them that.

"What are you doing here?" Paige asked. She was editing a video on her MacBook but had her MacBook plugged into the tv so whatever was on her MacBook was being projected onto the tv.

"I came to say I'm sorry. To all of you. I was disrespectful towards you guys and I'm sorry" I said.

"Are you sure?" Crystal asked.

"Yes I Am"

"Okay then. Well we're done with the video we're just putting the finishing touches on the editing" Paige said.

"Hey guys" Jackson said as he walked in with a camera and started taking pictures.

"Fuck off Jackson" Crystal said.

"Hey Crystal, suck my dick" he said as he continued to take pictures.

"Ew you're so fucking sick" she said.

"And you're so a fucking virgin" he said.

"Can I see it?" I asked Paige pointing to her computer. She nodded and played it. It was basically a bunch of facts about her like she loved writing, she had amazing style, she wanted to be a model and so on. There was also some videos included of her. It actually made me want to cry just watching it. This girl was in the same room as me just 4 days ago and now she's gone. That's so crazy.

"Wow that was intense" I said once it finished.

"I know" Paige said as she wiped her tears.

"We're thinking about making something kinda similar and playing it at graduation" Crystal said.

"Oh ya she's supposed to graduate this year" I said.

"Ya"

"So did you guys ever find out what led her to do it?" Jackson asked.

"No. I talked to her mom but she said she'd go through her phone and computer to see if anything lead to why she did it on there" Mariah said.

The bell eventually rang meaning it was time to go home.

After watching that video I realized she was really gone. Like I said before I didn't talk to her but the thought of actually knowing her and working with her in the group just really made it real.