Ten || One Step Forward Two Steps Back

Colby's POV: 

I decided not to give up on Jade. I know it's fucked up that she liked me for years and all of a sudden I like her back. But after everything she's been through she deserves some happiness. I think I can give her that.

Keyword, I think.

It's lunch right now and Jade and her friends always hung out in Garcia's class or the green room during lunch.

"Hey Colby" Garcia said.

"Hey" i looked around but didn't see Jade in there.

"Where's Jade?"

"Green room" he said. I walked out of his class and to the green room which was across Garcia's class. The door was open a little and I could hear laughing.

"So are you still into Colby?" I heard someone ask.

"Well I mean it's hard for me to just get over him just like that. I obviously still do really like him but I feel like he's just acting like this because he read everything I wrote about" she said. I walked into the green room and saw Crystal, Mariah, and Jade. They all turned their attention to me. Jade grabbed her phone and starting scrolling on it.

"Oh hey Colby" Crystal said.

"Hey" i said.

"Ummmm Mariah you wanna go with me to the bathroom?" Crystal asked. She nodded and they got up and left me and Jade alone in the green room.

"So is that the new iPhone x?" I asked her.

"Ya. My parents bought it for me"

"I'm sorry Jade" I said.

"For what?"

"Everything. For ignoring you. For not helping you with whatever you needed help with. For everything"

"Well thanks"

Jade's POV:

"So can we get to know each other?" Colby asked.

"No Colby. I'm over you when will you leave me alone about it?" I said loudly.

"You know you're right. I am acting like this because I read what you wrote. But when I read all the things you said about me breaking your heart, I cried. Every. Single. Time. You can ask Garcia. I read most of what I read in his class. Reading all that stuff made me feel closer to you. And it made me realize how fucked up i was to you and as much as I wanna start over with you and treat you with the respect you deserve, if you won't let me then I'll respect that. But if you decide to start over with me, you know where to find me" He said before he stood up and walked out of the room.

"Damn that was fucked up" I heard. I looked up and saw Jackson standing in the doorway.

"Fuck off Jackson. Look who's talking about being fucked up" I said.

"Ya ya anyway, school wants me to film an interview of you"

"You sure it's the school that's what's you to film it and not you just wanting to be alone in a room with me?" I said.

"Keep dreaming" he said before waking out of the room.