Twenty || Oh Baby!

Colby's POV:

"Turns out she was actually further along than we thought she was" I told Mariah and Crystal.

"How do you know?"

"Because the baby is fully grown. Doesn't need to be kept in the hospital for that long. Only the standard day or two"

"So do her parents still think you're the dad or do they know who the real dad is?" Mariah asked.

"They think it's me, my parents think it's me, and everyone in the school except you two, Paige and Garcia think it's me. So it looks like I'll be the baby's dad" I said.

"Damn. Well at least you'll always have a little piece of Jade though. And you have a baby that's yours but not actually. At least you get the birth certificate credit" Crystal said.

"No I don't. His name is on the birth certificate"

"Wait what? How is his name on the birth certificate but everyone thinks you're the dad?"

"Jade wanted his name on the birth certificate so I had to tell the nurses that he was currently out of town for a month. And they're going to give the baby and birth certificate to me so her parents or my parents won't see it" I said.

"Im pretty's sure that's not how it's works though. I don't think you can just tell them that her dad is out of town for a month and they just let you go home with the baby."

"Well it worked for them. Plus her parents are signing to let the baby out so they can't really tell them no"

"I guess. So have you seen the baby? Oh my god what's her name?" Mariah asked.

"No I haven't seen her yet and I already gave them her name. Jade picked it out"

"Oh my god what is it?"

"Cariah Colbie Brooks" I said.

"Cariah Colbie? I've never heard her mention that name. Where did she get that?" Crystal asked.

"Cariah is a combination of Crystal and Mariah. And Colbie well that's my name. Just instead of a 'y' at the end she replaced it with an 'ie' and Brooks well that's her last name" i explained.

"Oh my god she named her after us?" Mariah asked.

"Yup. She said you guys were so important to her she wanted to name her after one of you but couldn't decide which one so she just combined them"

"Oh my god I'm going to cry" Crystal said.

"I know trust me I wanted to cry when she told me that too" I said. We conversed a little more until Jades mom came into the room.

"Colby...we can go see the baby now"

-

"Oh my god" I said as I looked at the baby through the glass window where all the other babies were.

"She's so beautiful Colby" her mom said.

"She is. She already looks like her mom" I said as I wiped away a tear that fell.

I never really believed in love at first sight. At least I didn't. Until I saw little Cariah Colbie.