Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Maui's POV

Time Skip... A week later...

  I'm just going about my almost daily island chores when suddenly a random boat appears, causing joy to arise in me. "It's a miracle, the Gods have given me a..." Instead of me finishing that sentence, a loud unmanly scream comes out of my mouth instead. There's a strange chicken popping out of it. Though I turn around again, lifting up the boat with just one hand because I'm just super strong like that. When I've completed turn around, I'm face to face with a beautiful girl, who appears to be a teenager but boy let me tell you, the Gods have graced her. "Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea, I am Moana." I put a hand up to interrupt. "It's actually Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea, hero of men. I interrupted, from the top, go." Moana crosses her arms and huffs. "I am Moana..." I interrupt her once more. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, it's actually hero of men and women, not a guy, girl thing, Maui is a hero to all." 

   I then grab the oar in her hand and sign it for her. "I know it's not everyday that you get the chance to meet your hero." That wise crack earns me a hard grab by the ear. "You are not my hero and I'm not here for you to sign my oar." I chuckle. "It almost sounds like you don't like me which is impossible considering that I've spent the last thousand years trying to please you mortals. So what I believe you're trying to say is thank you." She huffs. "Thank you?" I grin. "You're welcome." "No, no, no that's not what I'm saying." I put my hands up in surrender and begin singing my famous song. It goes a little something like this:

 Ok, ok, I see what's happening here

You're face to face with greatness, and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel
It's adorable!
Well, it's nice to see that humans never changeOpen your eyes, let's begin
Yes, it's really me, it's Maui: breathe it in!I know it's a lot: the hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demi-godWhat can I say except you're welcome
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay
You're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guyHey!
What has two thumbs that pulled up the sky
When you were waddling yay high
This guy!When the nights got cold
Who stole you fire from down below
You're lookin' at him, yoOh, also I lassoed the sun
You're welcome!
To stretch the days and bring you funAlso I harnessed the breeze
You're welcome!
To fill your sails and shake your treesSo what can I say except you're welcome
For the islands I pulled from the sea
There's no need to pray, it's okay
You're welcome!
Ha, I guess it's just my way of being me
You're welcome!
You're welcome!Well, come to think of it
Kid, honestly I can go on and on
I can explain every natural phenomenon
The tide, the grass, the ground, oh
That was Maui just messing aroundI killed an eel
I buried its guts
Sprouted a tree, now you got coconuts
What's the lesson
What is the take-away
Don't mess with Maui when he's on the break-awayAnd the tapestry here on my skin
Is a map of the victories I win
Look where I've been
I make everything happen
Look at that mini-Maui just tippity-tappin'Well, anyway let me say you're welcome
For the wonderful world you know
Hey, it's okay, it's okay
You're welcome!
Well, come to think of it, I gotta goHey, it's your day to say you're welcome
'Cause I'm gonna need that boat
I'm sailing away, away
You're welcome!
'Cause Maui can do anything but floatYou're welcome!
You're welcome!
And thank you!

 I then trap her in a cave, pissing her off even more. Mini Maui keeps trying to tell me to go back, but I simply flick him to the back of my chest. As beautiful as that girl is, I don't need some mortal distracting me from my latest success and upcoming adventures. I'm a busy man. I have more islands to pull up, people to visit, creatures to fight, and more. 

 A few minutes later...

   Moana somehow managed to escape and is now on board of the boat. I've knocked her off of it several times but the ocean seems to be a fan of her and continues to gently place her back on to the boat. After my fifth attempt, I simply give up, rolling my eyes and facing her. "It was Moana, right?" "Yes and you will restore the heart." "You're a funny girl princess." Moana rolls her eyes. "I'm not a princess." "Yeah you keep telling yourself that." Moana then holds up the heart and starts shouting, attracting unwanted attention. "If I were you, I would put that away. That heart is a curse, a homing beacon of death if you will. Hold that up again and you'll have Kakamora on our trail." She snorts. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're afraid of it." I snort back. "Me afraid of a little gem? Maui isn't afraid of anything." "What's it with you and referring to yourself in the third person. Are you really that in love with yourself?"

   I flex my muscles and smirk. "I mean I am pretty great." She simply pats my shoulder. "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." She then holds up the heart once more, attracting the unwanted attention of Kakamora. I glare at her. "I wonder what they're here for." Her confidence begins to wear off and now a look of anxiety is plastered on her face. Despite this newfound anxiety, she grabs her oar and immediately begins to attack them. I have to admit, this mortal girl seems different from most. I can see a bit of myself in Moana. I wouldn't mind having this girl around a little bit longer. She's a bit of a pain, but yet she amuses me. Gosh Maui, what's wrong with you? You're supposed to despise mortals, not find the good in them. You tried that already and look how that turned out for you. I snap out of my daze and help her fight off the Kakamora successfully. 

    Once we reach a clearing, I decide to congratulate her. "Congrats kid, you surprise me, though I'm not returning the heart." "But Maui, you'd be a hero." I smirk. "Little girl, I am a hero." She smirks back. "Maybe you were, but now you're just the guy who stole the heart of Te Fiti." Moana then holds up the heart. "But if you put this back, you'd be everyone's hero." She then chants in my ear, telling me how amazing I am, which is enough for her to be able to convince me to change my mind on the manner. "Fine, but not without my hook." Moana begins to actually smile for the first time since meeting me. Her smile is actually really cute. "First we get your hook then save the world. Deal?" She holds a hand out for me to shake. "Deal." 

    Our meeting today was quite rocky, but things seem to be mellowing out a bit between Moana and I. I really hope I'm able to redeem myself and maybe actually impress her along the way. I don't know what it is about Moana, but I can actually see why the ocean chose her of all people to come find me. She's special. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary