Chapter 37

Chapter 37 

Maui's POV

  Moana and I traveled to one of the nearby islands to determine if we were successful or not in having a baby after a few rounds of amazing sex. We really hope we're successful. I'd be happy having either a boy or a girl, but I'm rooting for a boy slightly more. Mo on the other hand is rooting slightly more for a girl. Who knows... maybe we'll end up having twins. I doubt it though. A middle aged woman named Sanai is examining Mo right now as we speak with a smile on her face. I take it that that's a good sign. "Well Moana, Maui, I have good news for you both." We look at her eagerly and Mo blurts out "What is it?" I chuckle and ruffle her hair playfully. Sanai grins widely. "Moana, you are pregnant with twins. Normally I can't tell you the sex(es) of your children until later on in your pregnancy, but given how you two are immortal and powerful beings, that changes things a bit." I raise an eyebrow. "What are the sexes of our children Sanai?" "You're having a son and a daughter, twins like I said before. Congratulations!" 

  Moana and I look at each other with pure happiness and love. Both of us are so happy to have been successful in this process, let alone have two children, one of each. Moana gently squeezes Sanai's hands before hugging her. I then hug her myself, both of us thanking her repeatedly for the amazing news.  I look at Sanai. "How long will Mo's pregnancy be?" Sanai smiles at me. "Typically for mortals it's nine months as you both probably already know, but for Moana, it will only be four months. You'll begin to notice the chances to your body after two weeks. You'll need to come back to me for monthly checkups, which isn't too impossible given that your island is only an hour away. Does that work you two?" Mo and I look at each other and nod. "Very good. I'll see you both in a month's time. Once again, congratulations." We both smile at her and thank her once more before heading back to the boat and sailing home. 

  "Moana, I can't believe we're going to be parents to twins, a son and a daughter. This is exactly what we wanted." She sheds a tear that I wipe away with my thumb. "Maui, I'm so happy. This is indeed what we wanted. It feels like a dream come. Do you have ideas about what we could name them?" I think about that before answering. "I like Makai for a boy and Delilah for a girl." Mo beams at me. "Those are lovely names Maui. For a boy, I like Caleb and for a girl, I like Vanessa." I beam back at her. "Those are lovely names too Mo. We don't have to decide right now though. We can just brainstorm for the next few weeks and once we agree on some, then we'll be good to go. In the meantime, let's just celebrate our victory." Mo smirks at me. "Not by having sex though. I pout playfully. "Aw baby, you're no fun." She giggles. "I'm not having sex with two babies inside of me. Pretty soon I'll be huge and waddling like a penguin. I won't be cute anymore." I blush and peck her on the lips. "You'll be even cuter. You'll have that pregnancy glow and adorable baby bump. You'll look just radiant Mo." 

   She blushes and hugs me. "Thank you Maui." I kiss her forehead tenderly while she hugs me tighter. "I love you too princess." A moment of silence passes before I break it. "Mo, do you think I'll be a good father? I worry that despite becoming a changed man, some of my slightly vindictive ways will rub off on our children." She puts a hand on my shoulder while I adjust the sails on the boat. "Maui, no one is perfect, but I know you're going to be a wonderful dad." I look at her in shock. "Are you sure?" She nods with a smile. "Absolutely." I begin to smile back. "You're going to be the best mother Moana. Our children will be lucky to have you." "No Maui, our children will be lucky to have US." With that being said, my heart swells and I kiss my amazing wife with tears of joy streaming down my face. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary