Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Maui's POV

I feel like the biggest jerk in the world, but my emotions got the best of me and sadly I fled from the scene like the coward I often am. I've been flying in circles for nearly two hours now. I need to go back to Moana. I need to help her fight Te Ka or else she might die. She's strong, but not strong enough to defeat Te Ka all by herself. I begin to fly back towards Te Fiti, which is no longer Te Fiti. It only takes me a few minutes to get back the scene I fled from two hours before. I immediately spot Moana on her boat, though panic arises in my system as I see fireballs being blasted straight at her. I quickly shift back into my human form and land on the boat carefully. Moana looks up at me in shock, tears immediately welling in her eyes and guilt washes over me. "Moana, I'm an idiot. Ignore everything I said before. I'm so sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

"Maui, the things you said to me were beyond awful. You made me want to die inside. I'm still upset with you, but I'm thankful that you came back. If we're able to restore the heart, TOGETHER, then maybe I'll start to get over it." I look at her sadly but nod. "I-I understand. I promise I'm not leaving you again. Now go get the heart to the spiral. I can handle Te Ka." She looks at me hesitantly but nods, heading towards the spiral. Meanwhile, I do several dances and chants that to piss Te Ka off enough to get her to come after me rather than to go after Moana. I glance at her every few seconds out of the corner of my eye. It doesn't take her long to get the heart to the spiral. From there, she stands at the top of it, holding the heart in her hand, immediately attracting Te Ka's full attention. I groan. Moana, I like you, but why must you go against my advice all the time.

Moana then says something to the ocean, making the ocean clear a path between her and Te Ka. Te Ka goes straight for her and I can only pray that Moana doesn't get ripped to pieces in the process. All of the sudden, Moana starts singing and I'm immediately entranced with her voice. It's so pure.

I have crossed the horizon to find you
I know your name
They have stolen the heart from inside you
But this does not define you
This is not who you are
You know who you are

When she stops singing, the world practically comes to a stop. Her and Te Ka press their foreheads against one another as Moana places the heart in her spiral, making Te Ka despair and bringing back Te Fiti. Te Fiti silently thanks her and gives her a hug. I decide to keep my distance because Te Fiti isn't my biggest fan, but can you blame her? If someone stole my heart, I wouldn't be too keen towards them either. Te Fiti glares at me and I look down in shame. "Te Fiti, what I did was beyond wrong and I'm truly sorry." She can tell that my apology is genuine and decides to do me a solid by giving me a band new hook. I look at Moana who's grinning at me. "It would be rude to decline a gift from a goddess. I bow to her. "Thank you Te Fiti." She gives me a small smile and I test out my new hook. After I test it out at a bit, I look down at Moana. "With or without my hook, I'm Maui. You taught me that."

Moana then catches me off guard by throwing herself at me, giving me a hug. I freeze. I've never been hugged before. Moana notices me tensing up and pulls away quickly. "Maui, are you okay?" I nod nervously. "Y-Yeah, I've just never been hugged before." "Never?" I blush and shake my head no. Moana then hugs me once more, this time tighter. "Well I'm a huge hugger so you'll getting a lot more where that came from." I lean on my hook in a suave kind of manner. "To be honest, I don't mind that at all. In fact, I quite enjoyed you hugging me." Te Fiti then smirks at me and raises her eyebrows. I look at her strangely. "What is it Te Fiti?" She motions with her eyes towards Moana, almost saying that I have a thing for her. "Psssh no, don't be silly Te Fiti." She rolls her eyes but continues to keep that smirk on her face.

Moana and I then say our goodbyes to Te Fiti, making a promise to visit her again sometime. She then returns into her state of slumber. As Moana and I sail off towards her home, as promised her, I can't help but wonder why Te Fiti was hinting at me having feelings for Moana. I like Moana lot, but I wouldn't go as far to saying I'm in love with her. Besides, she's a human and I'm a demigod. It would never work... or could it?

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! I updated my Scarlet Vision one shots earlier so be sure to check out that update as well. :) -Mary