Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Maui's POV

Time Skip... A Few Days Later...

  Moana and I are just hours away from Moana's coastal Florida down and she's an absolute basketcase. The poor girl... her nerves are only increasing by the minute. I'm doing my best to ease her nerves but sadly no matter what I do, her nerves are still present and eating at her. "Moana, can I talk to you for a minute?" She looks at me with interest, sitting down beside me. "What's up Maui?" I wrap an arm around me and pull her towards me. "Everything is going to be okay in the end princess. You need to stop worrying so much. I know that this is a big deal, but you shouldn't worry unless you have to. I'm here for you. If things go south quickly, I will gladly step in and take over the conversation for you, especially with your father. I know that fathers tend to be a lot harder to win over than mothers." She sighs and leans into my touch. "I'm sorry Maui. I know you're right, it's just easier said than done." I kiss her on the forehead. "Well all you can do is try then." 

 A few hours later...

   We arrive in her town and Moana is shaking at this point so I immediately grab a hold of one of her hands and hold it tightly all the way to her house. When we get there, she slowly makes her way to the door and knocks. A minute later, both of her parents come to the door and are absolutely shocked at both her presence and mine, mainly hers though. I think that they honestly thought that they would never see Moana again. I stand back a bit and let Moana do most of the talking right now. They let her go inside and silently give me permission to do the same. We all sit down in the living room and begin what will be one of the most intense discussions of Moana's life. 

Moana's POV

I'm so glad to have Maui here with me right now because I feel like I'm about to die. My parents are very angry about me leaving, not being here when grandma Tala passed, and Maui's presence. They think that I ran away with some boy just to have sex behind their backs. I'm truly hurt. "Mom, Dad, I left because the ocean chose me to save the world which I managed to do, grandma Tala was the one who told me to go and she even visited me in spirit form on my journey, and I wasn't having sex with Maui behind your back, though I have to admit I've grown quite close to him recently." My dad glares at me. "Tell me, who exactly is Maui?" "Why tell you when he could show you himself." I look at Maui. "Do your thing." He nods and shifts into different animals, displaying his super strength, etc. My mom nearly faints. "He's a demigod... Moana what the hell are you doing with him? He's evil." 

   I look up at Maui to see a sad expression clouding his confident one that he had just moments ago. "Maui may have been misguided but he's never been evil. Maui helped me save the world. He fixed his mistake and is worthy of a second chance." My dad gets up and shoves me really hard. Tears immediately form in my eyes and I'm in too much shock to get myself up. "Moana, you are a disgrace to this town, this family, and this state. You would have been better off staying out on the ocean. I want you to pack your things, leave, and never come back." I can see red forming in Maui's vision and he begins fighting my father. My mother doesn't do anything but stare. I silently plead for her to say something, anything... but she won't. I simply run up the stairs, pack my belongs while sobbing, pry Maui off of my father, and pull drag him out of that horrible house. I made sure to bring my pig Pua and dog Heihei (yes he's a dog in this fanfic, roll with it). 

  Maui and I get back onto the boat in silence and sail off to who knows where. I don't care where we go, I just now that I want to go as far away from here as possible. I plan on never returning to this stupid down again. I sob again I can't anymore in Maui's arms. 

Maui's POV (Once again)

 It breaks my heart that Moana's parents just threw her out to the sea... well figuratively but still... they just cast her aside like she was nothing. From the way that she spoke about her home, it seems like they've been doing that for awhile and it's been building up to this very moment. Hell, they'll probably throw a party now that she's gone. Boy does that make my blood boil at the very thought of them doing that... Moana's asleep right now and after the day that she's had, I don't want to wake her up just for my selfish purposes of wanting to talk to her... and possibly kissing her like there's no tomorrow. So I simply hold her in my arms, gently run my hands through her hair, and occasionally adjust the sails for the rest of the night. I don't know where exactly we're heading to, but we'll figure it out in the morning. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary