Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Moana's POV

Time Skip... Six Months Later...

   Maui and I are currently sailing to Te Fiti for some surprise that Maui refuses to tell me about, no matter how much I whine to push it out of him. He just won't crack. Gah, he's so stubborn, but then again so am I. No wonder why we're the perfect match for each other. I sigh. "Fine Maui, I give up, but can you at least answer a couple of questions for me?" He smirks. "As long as they aren't about what the surprise is, then yes I can." I playfully roll my eyes at him. "My first question is how long until we get to Te Fiti?" "About four days. What's your other question?" I bite my lip nervously, anxiety beginning to rise. "Y-You aren't breaking up with me right?" Maui's jovial smile shifts into a frown. "Why would you think that?" 

  I sigh. "I know that I'm a really negative person. I get anxiety so easily. Anything and everything triggers me to go into panic mode. Just please be patient with me. I know reassuring me ten times about one topic gets tiring, but it's truly a big help to me. So please tell me, you're not breaking with me... right?" Maui takes my hands in his and squeezes them gently. "Moana, I'm not breaking up with you. In fact, it's quite the opposite actually." I give him a small smile. "I'm glad to hear that Maui because I love you so much." He chuckles and ruffles my hair like he used to do a lot back when we first met. Gah, that brings back so many memories. "I love you more princess." I giggle. "Not possible." He taps my nose lightly. He's an adorable goof. "It is very possible." I hug him tightly, wanting him to truly feel my love for him. Maui returns my hug with an equal amount of love radiating through it. 

   "I can't wait to see Te Fiti though. It's been a long time. I hope she's excited to see me." Maui wraps an arm around me and kisses me on the cheek, causing me to blush like an awkward tomato. "Te Fiti loves you, therefore she will totally be excited to see you. Me on the other hand, she's still softening up to me." I smirk at him. "Not to throw shade at you on purpose Maui, but you did steal her heart and almost destroy the world. No biggie though because you did become a hero in the end once her heart was restored. You may be all high and mighty, but without me, you would have been doomed... you little semi, demi, minigod." He looks at me in shock. "I didn't know you would burn with a song lyric by Tamatoa. That's quite a low, especially for you." I shrug my shoulders. "Sometimes tough love is necessary in order to get a valid point across." He raises an eyebrow. "Which is?" "The point being that even though you're a powerful demigod, even you have your weak moments." 

   He makes a "pffftt" sound. "Maui doesn't have weaknesses." I laugh. "It's cute that you refer to yourself in the third person point of view so often. Also, you do have one weakness... you're dating her." His cocky resolve begins to fade, softening up and revealing the version of Maui I know and love the most. "Moana, you're right... you are indeed my weakness, but you're my ONLY weakness." I bury face in the crook of his neck. He then kisses my neck, sending chills up my spine. "If it makes you feel any better Maui, you're MY weakness too." His chuckle radiates against my chest. "I would hope so. To be honest, I'd be concerned if I wasn't." I giggle and hug him. "Moana, just know that I would tell you about the surprise if I could, but I'm sworn to secrecy." I pull apart from him and raise an eyebrow. "By who?" He grins at me toothily. "By Te Fiti." I look at him in confusion, motioning for him to give me an explanation.

   "I flew straight to Te Fiti last week. It took me out of the night to get there, but it was worth it. She and I talked and she wanted nothing more than to be in the surprise. It's a two part surprise. One surprise will be from me and the other will be from her. You're going to love both of them." I smile warmly up at him. "I'm sure I will, especially since they're from my two favorite universal beings to exist." He mirrors my warm smile with one of his own and gently kisses me on the lips, causing my smile to expand even more. I'm so excited! *Squeals internally and externally* 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary