Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Moana's POV

Time Skip... A Few Months Later...

   Maui and I have been dating for five months now and it's been going really well. His island has truly become home for me. Te Fiti is like my second home, also known as my home away from home. We just got back from visiting her the other day. She seems to enjoy our visits a lot. I know she doesn't get a lot of company, but I treasure my visits with her. To be accepted and valued by a goddess like her is truly an honor. It also means a lot to me that she approves of Maui and I's relationships. The Gods/Goddesses are usually against an immortal being dating a mere mortal, but I guess I'm the exception. 

  I've been thinking about Maui and I's future a lot lately. I've been having a lot of dreams about what our wedding would be like, how he'd proposed, etc. I haven't told Maui about this because I don't want to freak him out, though at the same time I want to gently bring up the subject. I want to know if he does the same thing. Maui is too proud to admit certain things aloud, but I'm dying to know. Eh screw it, I'm going to ask him anyway. "Maui, can I ask you a question?" He smiles over at me. "Absolutely. What's on your mind princess?" I bite my lip and fidget a bit. "Do you ever picture our future?" He blushes immediately and looks down shyly. "Every single day love. I have dreams about it, as dorky as that may sound." I giggle. "It's okay Maui, I asked because it's been on my mind a lot lately too." 

   Maui heads over to me and sits down in the sand, motioning for me to do the same. "When I picture my dream wedding, I picture it being by the ocean on Te Fiti's island." I smile. "That sounds perfect. For me, I've always pictured myself getting married on a beach. The ocean just makes me so happy." He chuckles. "I know it does. The ocean adores you. Me on the other hand, I still have some progress to make with it, though it seems to be tolerating me now." I giggle. "That's probably because you're dating me, you know the ocean's bff." He playfully rolls his eyes but nods in agreement. "Yeah that's probably why." 

  A peaceful moment of silence passes before Maui breaks it. "At the end of the day Mo, I don't care where we get married, as long as I know that we will get married one day. I want us to be together forever. That's all I care about." I blush and smile up at him. "We will be Maui, I promise. I'm a girl of my word. When I make a promise, I never break it." A tear slips down his cheek and I wipe it away with my thumb. "You know Maui, you act all tough on the outside, but deep down, it's so obvious you're a big softie." He crosses his arms across his chest and huffs. "Oh hush. The same thing can be said about you." I smirk. "At least I have the guts to admit that I'm a softie. You need to man up and own up to being a fellow softie." He smirks down at me. "Did it ever cross your mind that you make me soft? You're my weakness princess. You could order me to jump off a cliff and I'd do it because you asked me to."

   I laugh. "If we were back in my realm, you would be told that you're whipped." He looks at me with curiousity. "What does that mean?" I smirk. "It means that I have you wrapped around my finger. You're like an adorable puppy who will do anything to fetch a bone." A devilish grin forms on his face. "Oh I could make so many perverted jokes based on that statement, but I'll spare you since you're still a child for about another year. Once you turn eighteen, I'm not going to take it easy on you anymore." I puff out my chest to show dominance. "Bring it on Maui. I can handle it." He ruffles my hair. "It's cute when you try to be as macho as me." Before he can make another wise crack, I yank him towards the cave and push him against the wall, crashing my lips onto his with extreme passion. The dumbfounded expression on his face after we pull apart is satisfaction enough for me. I laugh to myself. That'll teach Maui a lesson. Hopefully after today, he'll never doubt my skills ever again. If he does, he'll have to pay the price from here on out. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary