Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Maui's POV

 A few days later...

  Unfortunately Moana has run out of money, meaning our trip has come to an end. It lasted for a week and a half though and I loved every minute of it. I can tell she's a bit down in the dumps about leaving a couple days earlier than expected, but I'm going to do my best to cheer her up. I help her pack all of her shopping bags into storage as well as my leftover candy and other souvenirs. When everything is secure, I untie the boat from the dock and the both of us hop on, sailing back to my island. "Princess, I know you're upset about having to leave a couple days early, but we did so much in such a short period of time. I had a really great time with you. This trip meant a lot to me as well. You showed me things that meant so much to you. That warms my heart love." 

  Moana looks at me with tears in her eyes, causing a deep frown to form on my face. "I know that I shouldn't be upset over this, but I am. My dream came true and it was amazing... but now it's coming to an end and I'm upset because I don't know if I'll ever get to come back again." I pull her in for a hug and rub her back gently in circles while she lets out her feelings. "Princess, I honestly don't know when or if you'll be able to return here, but what I will tell you is that if it's meant to be, the universe will allow you to return one day." Mo cries for a few more minutes before finally beginning to calm down. Her eyes are red and puffy, making my heart ache. I don't like seeing Mo in any kind of pain.  She looks up at me with her gorgeous brown eyes. "Maui, do you mind if I get some sleep?" I smile at her sadly. "Not at all. Get some rest baby. I'll sail for awhile." She lays down in the opposite corner of the boat and quickly falls asleep, leaving me to sail and deal with my thoughts alone.

Six hours later...

   Moana finally wakes up and trades places with me to sail. We have a three day journey back to my island. "Hey Maui, how long was I asleep for?" I look down at her tiredly, exhausting slowly creeping up on me. "Hey Mo. You were asleep for six hours." She shoots right up. "Six hours? Why didn't you wake up after three hours max?" She makes her way over to me and I wrap an arm around her waist. "I didn't want to wake you up. You were upset and exhausted, you needed the rest." She eyes me carefully before frowning. "So do you Maui." I swat her concern away. "I'll admit that I'm tired, but I don't need as much rest as you do. Not to play the immortal card, but I'm immortal and you're still mortal, therefore you need more rest than I do." She sighs. "I know, I know. I'm just worried about you Maui. You worry more about me than you do yourself. That's not healthy, even for the immortal." I look at her tiredly and sigh. "I know, but I love you so much. I worry about you out of love." 

    She grabs a hold of my hands and squeezes them gently. "I love that about you, but I know you're exhausted. Please for my sake, rest. Also, start worrying about yourself just a little bit more. Okay?" I pull her body towards me and hug her. "I'll rest... but only because you asked nicely." An adorable giggle slips out. "You're cute Maui." I blush and wink at her. "No that's all you princess." Mo takes over sailing while I adjust myself in a spot near her to rest. It takes me a bit longer than it did for Mo to fall asleep, but when sleep finally comes, it feels so good. I manage to sleep through the whole night, only to awake in the morning to Moana smirking over me. "How was your beauty sleep?" I playfully roll my eyes and huff. "My beauty sleep was just wonderful, thanks for asking. I know yours was too because you look even more beautiful than before." She playfully swats me. "Oh shut up Maui. You owe me an apology."

   I plaster a smirk on my face as well. "Whatever do I owe you an apology for?" Moana rubs her hands together, almost as if she's a super villain rather than simply trying to create friction. "Well it's not so much an apology, it's more of an I told you situation, in which I told you so and you need to admit it." I rub some sweat off of my forehead. "I'm a bit confused princess. What did you tell me all along that I wasn't smart enough to accept?" She laughs. "You told me just last night that mortals need more sleep than immortals, but guess what, you slept for twelve hours straight while I only slept for six." I sigh and chuckle. "Fine, you told me so. Demigods can become just as worn out as humans. Are you happy now?" Mo giggles. "Almost. You know what would really make me happy?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her. "What would make my princess happy?" She leans forward, closing the distance between us. "Your lips on my own." I bow playfully while staring at her with lust. "Your wish is my command." I press my lips onto hers before my tongue connects with hers. In case you didn't know this, we're now making out and it's amazing. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary