Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Maui's POV

Time Skip... A Month Later... Te Fiti...

   Moana and I are about to become married to one another and I'm so excited. My heart is beating a million miles per minutes. She looks so beautiful. We traveled back to her realm for one day so that she could the wedding dress of her dreams. Me on the other hand, I'm a plain jane, meaning that I'm just wearing that I normally wear, but added on what the humans call a bow tie. It hurts my neck a bit, but I'm not going to lie, it makes me look snazzy. I can see why mortals enjoy wearing them for special occasions. Anyways, Moana's wedding dress is white, long, puffy, and has a neckline that flatters Moana well. My princess has amazing curves and needs to show them off more. Her confidence as grown a lot since I first met her, but it still saddens me when she has days where she doesn't like the way she looks. My baby girl is drop dead gorgeous. The guys back in her realm were idiots for not giving her the time of day. In a way, I'm glad that they didn't because if they did, I could have lost her to some foolish mortal boy. 

   Moana and I are standing in the palm of Te Fiti's hand, exchanging our vows. I let my princess go first. She smiles up at me radiantly. "Maui, for years I thought that I was never going to find love, but I was wrong. I originally planned on shutting myself off from love period because of what my father did to me, but you broke my walls down. You gave me hope. You made me realize that not all men are monsters and I should give them a chance. I'm so glad I did because you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I know we both have our days where we hate ourselves, but Maui, I'll remind you again. You are not a monster, in fact you never were. You were simply a misguided and lonely man trying to feel that void with attempting to win over the mortals. You didn't have to try so hard to win them over because all most of them have to do is take one look at you and they're in love with you. I would know because that's exactly what happened to me, I was just really good at hiding it. I love you with all of my heart Maui. You completely me. I don't care where we live as long as I'm with you. You are home for me."

   Tears well up in my eyes. Damn it Moana, you're hitting me in my feels. I put a hand to her cheek and stroke it gently. I then take a deep breath and begin reciting my vows to her. "Moana, words can't even begin to describe how amazing you truly are. You are kind. You are beautiful. You are smart. You are talented. You are well rounded. You are strong. You are brave. Most importantly, you are everything I want to be. You give me hope too. You inspire me to be the best version of myself that I can be. I've been with a few other women in my lifetime, but none of them hold a candle to you. You're the best. You're the love of my life. You're my forever. I don't ever want to be with anyone else besides you again. I love you much Moana. You are truly my heart and soul. As you said about me which also reigns true for me, you complete me as well. I don't care we live either as long as I'm with you. You are my home." 

   At this point, both of us are emotional messes as we place our wedding rings on each other's fingers. I glance at Te Fiti and see that not only does she have tears in her eyes, but she's beaming at us like a proud mother. You know in a way, she is like our mother. The thought of that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Te Fiti is a wonderful woman and I respect her both as a goddess and general being overall. She could have stripped me of my powers, but instead, she gave me a second chance and I'm truly grateful for that. I tell her so every time that I see her. I even told her before the ceremony started. Te Fiti smiles at both of us warmly, motioning for us to make it official by sealing it with a kiss. I smirk at Te Fiti before gently bending Moana over my knee. "May I kiss the bride?" She giggles adorably and blushes. "You may." I crash my lips onto hers and make our marriage official. We're officially husband and wife. This is the best day of my life. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary