Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Maui's POV

Time Skip... Two Months Later... 

  Moana is due to give birth at any moment now. As soon as her water breaks, we have to jump on a boat and sail to the nearby village where Sanai can help Moana give birth to the twins. Both of us are so excited for children to be here already. I'm currently just going some cleaning when Moana begins to whimper, causing me to halt in my cleaning. "Mo, what's wrong?" I see some water on the ground and my eyes bug out of my head. "Maui, my water just broke." I take a deep breath and try to remain calm for Mo's sake. I quickly pack a bag of important things we'll need later. I then scoop Mo up into my arms and carry her over to the boat, gently putting her down. I then put the bag in storage and sail us to the village as quickly as possible, but not too fast because I don't want Mo to get seasick. We get there half an hour later and are greeted by Sanai. She then takes Mo in for an exam before guiding Mo through the birthing process. 

  A little while later...

  Mo has pushed out both of our children and they are absolutely adorable. Our son came out first followed by our daughter five minutes later. Mo and I have yet to settle on names for them, but we're about to do so right now. I'm holding our son while Mo is holding our daughter. We plan on swapping babies in a few minutes. "Mo, have you thought of any more names for them yet?" She smiles tiredly at me. "I have. I was thinking our daughter could be named Fitia, after Te Fiti, well kind of. As for our son, I was thinking Maui Jr." I grin at her. "Those are perfect names for our children. It's settled then." She giggles and plays with Fitia while I do the same with Maui Jr. Our kids are going to be spoiled rotten, I just know it. They're also immortal like us so we have very little chance of ever losing them. I'm truly grateful for that. If they were mortal and I had to watch them die one day, I'd self destruct instantly. 

  Mo and I swap babies for a bit before she begins doze to off. When she does, I kiss her forehead tenderly and take our son from her. I place both babies into their bins, which are their cribs for the time being. Sanai then takes them for a bit to bath them. They have some blood and such on them that needs to be washed off. I let Mo rest while I sit by her bedside, beginning to doze off myself. I end up falling asleep in the chair I'm setting in for a couple of hours before Mo is woken up to try breast feeding the babies while I'm politely asked to leave the room because Mo wants a bit of privacy for this, which is totally understandable. I'd be super nervous to breast feed my children for the first time too. 

An hour later... 

 I'm allowed to come back into the room. Mo has a smile on her face, which allows me to breathe in relief. I'm glad her first breastfeeding session went well. "I'm glad to see you smiling love. I take it went well?" She nods. "It did. It felt weird at first, but I got used to it after a few minutes. I never knew babies could love sucking on my boobs so much." I chuckle. "They're not the only ones who enjoy doing that." Mo blushes and swats me playfully. "Maui, not in front of our babies, who are wide awake by the way. Get it together." I put my hands up in surrender while still laughing. "I'm sorry. You knew that was coming." She sighs and shakes her head at my antics. Our babies are finally getting sleepy and are yearning to be put down for a nap. Mo volunteers to put them down for their nap. Sanai smiles lovingly at us. "You two are going to be wonderful parents and your children are beautiful. Congratulations." I get up and hug Sanai. "Thank you for your services Sanai. You've done so much for us. You're a wonderful doctor and healer. I'm glad there is more female representation these days in the villages in important fields like the medical field."

  Sanai grins at me. "I know. I think it's great. You're welcome though. If you or anyone in your family  have other medical issues in the future, be sure to come to me. Okay?" I nod. "We definitely will. How long does Moana and the kids have to stay here?" "Two days/nights for observational purposes. You all are free to go home after that." "Sounds good." She nods and leave the room, giving Mo and I some privacy. While our children sleep, Mo and I catch up on some more sleep ourselves, cuddling up in the hospital bed despite it being on the smaller side.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary