Chapter 4

Chae Eun's POV
We were sitting across each other on a table in the Uni's library.

There was definitely tension between us. It was awkward as well.

He was so focused on his book but sometimes, he would spare me a glance and smile cutely at me.

Just then, when I was fiddling with my hair, someone's name echoed in my head..

Hye Mi... Hye Mi... Hye Mi... Hye Mi come to me...

My head suddenly hurt, I whined in pain and held my head firmly, gritting my teeth.

Sungjin's head shot up and looked at me worriedly.
"What's wrong Chae Eun? Are you hurt?"
He ran over to my side and stood me up, holding both of my arms steadily so that I wouldn't fall.

"I-I'm fine.. Its just a small headache. I'll be fine."
I faked a smile. I didn't want to be a burden for him.

"Are you sure? You don't look too good. Come on, let's go outside and get some fresh air."
He threw my arm around his shoulder causing me to blush while his other arm still holding on to me.

We went out to the Uni's park. He sat me down on a bench under a big tree and sat beside me.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled the fresh air.

"I'm okay Sungjin-sshi.. You don't need to worry about me. I don't want to be a burden for you."

I looked down and as soon as I noticed, his hands were on my cheeks, making me to face him directly.

Warmth enveloped my burning cheeks as I looked at him in his sparkling dark eyes.

"Okay. What is happening to you? Why're you so hot? Are you having a temperature?"
He placed his hand on my forehead.

'If he keeps on doing this, I swear I'm swimming into lava...'

"I-I'm perfectly fine Sungjin-sshi! Don't worry! Now if you'll excuse me, I need the restroom. I'll be right back!"
With that, I ran away.

I didn't actually needed the toilet, I just needed to get away from Sungjin because he is driving me nuts!

I cupped my cheeks with my hands and my breathing slowly went back to my regular breathing.

"Focus on your studies Eun. You're here to get a degree, not to fall in love."

After calming myself down, I turned around and yet again, my head got bumped into someone's chest.

'It better not be Sungjin or I'll go bananas..'

"Jungkook-sshi?"
I looked up at him, my head tilting to a side.

I somehow felt happy that he's here but a part in me feels scared of him.

"Hye Mi.."
He whispered, loud enough for me to hear as he grabbed my wrist tightly.

"W-Wha? Jungkook, you got the wrong person. I'm Chae Eun, not Hye Mi.."
I slowly tried to remove his hand away from my wrist but he didn't even move an inch.

I gasped softly when I felt how his skin got colder than last time.

'Is it normal for him?'

"No. You're Hye Mi! Go Hye Mi!"
He raised his voice this time and tightened his grip on my wrist.

(🌚: I dream high~)

A feeble whimper escaped my mouth as I felt his nails digging deep into my skin.

I bit my lips hardly, trying to endure the pain. His grip was so powerful and strong.