Chapter 38

Jungkook's POV
I was out just walking around the forest.

Just then, I heard a girl yelling in a high pitched tone. I got worried.

Please don't tell me that the pups found another girl.. Not again.

I started to look up to the full moon and howled loudly. Hopefully it's loud enough to stop them.

Awooooouuuuuuuuuu

And here comes the wolves howling noises.
I followed the wolves's howl and finally found them.

"Nuri! What are you doing?! Who is it this time?"

I pushed Nuri, the wolves's alpha out of the way and eyed at him sharply.

This is not the first time he has hurt someone. He even hurt me when we first met him.

Then, I saw a weak girl on the ground, she was injured and covered in blood. Her clothes were ripped off too, revealing some of her skin..

"Are you okay?"

I reached out my hand to her but as soon as she brushed the strands of hair away from her face, I stumbled back and let out a soft gasp.

She looked up to me.. Hye Mi looked up to me with wide eyes, her mouth dropped opened too.

I could see that she was surprised...

"J-Jungkook..."
She whispered quietly.

I quickly put on a straight face and cleared my throat. My eyes darted to everywhere but her.

It's been a long time, Hye Mi.. 2 years..

Hye Mi's POV
"Jungkook! W-Wha.. Are y-you real?.. Am I imagining things now?"
I used all my energy to stand but I ended up falling back to the ground.

Jungkook.. What is he doing here? No! I'm not imagining.. This is Jungkook.. The real Jungkook.

"What are you talking about? I'm not Jungkook."

His words froze me. I felt my heart aching so badly right now.

What does he mean by that?

"Yes! You are Jungkook! Kookie, don't you remember me?! It's been so long, Jung-"

"Stop it! I'm not Jungkook!"

I tilted my head to a side as a tear rolled down to my cheeks.

'Has he seriously forgotten me?...'

"Then what is your name if you're not Jungkook, Mr I'm-Not-Jungkook!"
I folded my arms impatiently.

He looked to the side and scoffed.
"You're just a stranger to me, why would I want to tell you my name, huh?"

I took in a deep breath and exhaled sharply. What is this bullshit?!

Then, I gave up. If he's going to keep on pretending not to know me then fine, so be it if he wants it that way.

"Well, Mr I'm-Not-Jungkook, aren't you going to help me or something? I got bitten by your pathetic wolves!"
I rolled my eyes boringly.