Chapter 29

Hye Mi's POV
"Were you mad at Yugyeom last night? He slept on the couch and went out in the morning."
Jaebum spoke up as I choked on my coffee.

"I told him to sleep with you, he slept on the couch?"
My eyes widened.

"I'm not gay."
He simply replied, running his fingers through his hair cockily.

The couch is not really soft, it's quite hard and it must be hard to fall asleep on it. Damn it, I feel so bad now.

His back must be hurting... Aish, he doesn't even have a pillow or a blanket. What if he catches a cold? Who is it to blame? Me!

"Where is he now?"
I stood up, getting ready to leave.

He shrugged and I just ignored him, already at the doorstep.
__
I went to the most typical place I can ever think of, Mark's house.

I mean, they're quite close and they have the same big nose.. Whatever!

"Oh hi Mark. Is Yugyeom here?"
I questioned once the door opened.

Before Mark could say a word, I walked inside, already searching for Yugyeom.
__
I opened the door and saw Yugyeom sleeping on Mark's bed.

"Aish.. Yugyeomie!"
I ran to him, jumped onto the bed and hugged him tightly while his eyes were half-opened.

"What? Hye Mi? What are you doing here?"
He hugged me back, burying his face into my neck.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't really mean it when I told you to sleep with Jaebum.. I'm sorry. Does your back hurt? You couldn't sleep, right?"
We pulled away as I cupped his pale face with my hands.

He chuckled and shook his head.
"I'm fine and it's okay. I deserved it. I've been such a bad boyfriend."
He sighed while he took my hands in his.

"It's our 1st anniversary tomorrow. This time, I will not break my promise. I'll take you out to somewhere fun, okay princess?"
He announced and pinched my nose.

I was extremely happy, exited and nervous. Who knows what he'll do.

"Okay! You promise!"
We linked our pinky fingers together and chuckled.

"How about I take you out for lunch today?"
He smiled widely, swinging our hands together.

'But Jungkook...'

"I can't.. I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch."
I looked down and sighed.

I could see that he was disappointed but.. but honestly.. I miss Jungkook, a lot actually.. I don't know why... I just have this same weird feeling when I'm around him.

Then I decided to ask Yugyeom that question.

"Baby, are you.. perhaps.. cheating on me?"
I managed to say it out loud, don't know how I did it but I did it.

His eyes widened as he let out a little laugh, ruffling my hair.

"Why would I? What are you talking about? I would never. I love you and only you, my dear. Don't overthink too much. I will never leave you."
He leaned in closer and kissed my lips, it was a short but loving kiss.

'Is he really not cheating on me?.. Maybe not.. Nope! He's not! Even if he is.. No! He's not!'

"Thanks Yugyeom.. I was just worried.."
__
"He's not cheating on me, Jungkook."
This is the third time I have been saying this to Jungkook.

"How are you so sure? Look, you heard his words, but you haven't seen his actions. Stop being so naive. He might be lying."
Jungkook protested, running his fingers through his perfect, silky hair.

"Jungkook, I can feel his love for me and yes, I'm worried that he might be lying but I've got to stay positive!"
I said boringly, cutting the pork with a knife effortless.

He let out a heavy sigh and shook his head.
"Don't come and cry to me when you find out he's cheating on you and break up."
He scoffed.

"I won't... But Jungkook.. Do you still.. hate me?"
What did my mouth just said?

Who cares? I needed to find out anyways.

He looked up to me and placed down his utensils.
"No, I love you and I care for you but.. it doesn't seems like I can call you mine."
He sighed as a tear trickled down to his cheeks.

He's crying.. It's been awhile since I saw him crying..

"Y-Yah! Don't cry.. You'll make me feel bad.."
I looked down guiltily, trying not to make eye contact.

He didn't answer, he just kept quiet. The whole lunch was so awkward.

Until I decided to break the dead silence.
"Jungkook.. I.. I don't hate you and I.. I care for you.. So.. What I'm trying to say is.."

I stood up and went over to his side, sitting down beside him as I took his hands in mine.

"I-Its not a one-sided love.."

'I said it.. I can't believe I just said it..'

He finally looked up to me as a small smile appeared on his face.

"I knew you would fall for me. I mean, who wouldn't, right?"
He raised his chin up a bit, and said cockily.

"Come here. It's been awhile since I've been able to properly hold you in my arms."
He spread out his arms and chuckled.

Without any hesitation, I jumped on top of him and planted a quick peck on his lips, laying down on his chest.

It's been awhile.. I remembered back in University, I was always curious about him, Jungkook. About what he is and so on.

I remembered how I felt so safe but scared in his arms, how he made me feel so weird and have butterflies in my stomach.

"But.. You have a boyfriend, Hye Mi. How could you.. love me.. when you have Yugyeom?"
He whispered softly, caressing my hair.

"I don't know.. What have I gotten myself into?"
__
Jungkook sent me back home. I got kinda shock when I saw Yugyeom in the kitchen.

"Oh, you're home, babe? How's your lunch with your friend? What did you eat?"
He grinned as he ran towards me.

"Oh uhm... Lunch is great.. We just ate some uh.. normal dishes? I guess.."
I replied, laughing nervously.

He nodded and took my hands in his, intertwining our fingers together.

My heart ached so much. I wanted to tell him that I love him and I always will but.. I don't think that I can ever say those precious words to him..

"You must be tired. You should go and take a rest then come down for dinner okay? I've made some bulgogi for you. You're favourite!"
He chuckled and pushed me upstairs-
"Now go on, get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

I sighed, regretting everything I've told Jungkook, about my feelings. But.. I can't take back my words, once the words has slipped out.. there's no swallowing it back..

I waved to Yugyeom as I closed my bedroom door, sliding down against it.

"I'm sorry, Yugyeom..."

To Be Continued

I can't believe it's actually Christmas Eve and here I am watching WANNA ONE GO: ZERO BASE in my pyjamas 😂😂