Chapter 18

Chae Eun's POV
Taehyung sent me back. I don't know and I don't care what they're going to do to Jungkook.

So here I am, sitting across from Jaebum and my dad in the living room.

"What do you want to talk about, Eun?"
Jaebum said as he munched onto his pizza.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled.

"Tell me about Jungkook. I know that something is off, I know that both of you have something to do with Jungkook. Tell me."

I paused for awhile and continued-

"About mum as well. He knows our mum, Oppa, do you know about that? He said that our mum killed his parents."
I turned to Jaebum.

He stopped eating his pizza and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Eomma?.. She's dead.."

I sighed and turned to my dad, raising an eyebrow.
"Appa, you must know at least something. Please, tell me."
I pleaded.

He let out a heavy sigh before he nodded his head and looked at me.

"He's a vampire Chae Eun. He almost killed you 5 years ago and I don't want him to do the same thing to you again this time. Stay away from that monster if you don't want to die Chae Eun. I will protect you. If he hurts you, I will kill him."
He said with a serious look-
"And he's the cause of your mother's death."

My jaws dropped and I couldn't process so much. I was actually expecting this but I wouldn't think that he would kill.. my mum.. and me..

"He almost killed me 5 years ago? What do you mean? What are you talking about?"
Confusion was plastered and written all over my face as I wrinkled my eyebrows.

Jaebum then spoke up.
"You were best friends 5 years ago. Or more like.. He was your boyfriend. But after mum found out that he was a vampire, she killed his parents because she was a vampire hunter. But she killed them to protect you."

Then dad continued.
"Jungkook wasn't happy about that.. So he wanted revenge. He hated you. He wanted to kill you. But your mum sacrificed herself just to protect you. So Jungkook killed your mum instead of you."

"But he still cares for you. He wanted you to move on and not just sit at her grave and cry all day long. So he asked Hoseok, his older brother, to erase your memory. That's why you didn't remember anything."

It was like a marathon. Jaebum, dad, Jaebum, dad, they were explaining everything to me.

I just couldn't believe everything. I wanted this to be a nightmare and I wanted to wake up. But unfortunately, everything is true and real...

"Hye Mi, Go Hye Mi. Who is that girl? He always calls me that."
I blurted out, searching their faces for an answer.

They were silence for awhile but then dad spoke up.
"Go Hye Mi was your real name. We faked your death and changed your name so that Jungkook wouldn't bother us anymore."

My heart broke and my eyes softened.
"So I've been living my life in a lie?.. Everything was a lie to me? My mum's death, my name, my everything? I can't believe my boyfriend was a vampire.. Or should I say.. Ex-boyfriend.."

(A/N: CAUGHT IN A LIE~)

Jaebum quickly ran over to me and sat beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Please don't cry, please don't cry, please don't cry, please don't-"

He sighed when I bursted out in tears.

"You cried."

"So mum was a vampire hunter and she wanted to protect me so she sacrificed herself and you told me that she died in a freaking car accident?!"
I shouted as I wept and cursed.

"Eun, I mean.. Hye Mi.. I'm really sorry.. I didn't wanted to lie to you at first but I had no choice."
Dad came over to me as well and hugged me tightly.

I was squeezed with warmth by my brother and father.. The only 2 person that I have in my life. And also the ones that lied to me the most.

After a few minutes of crying and mourning, I looked up and asked my dad.
"Appa, how do you kill a vampire?.."

He looked shocked at first but then he nodded.
"You have to stab something made out of wood into his chest. Then he'll die. But if you want to kill one with your bare hands, you need lots of training and you must know how to defend yourself too."

Then Jaebum cut in and smirked.
"Mum used to have a gym and a training room to practice. And it still exists, I remember she trained me when I was small to protect you."

My eyes widened and I was shook. Who knew that a woman can fight and kill someone.

I wanted to prove myself that I was strong. I don't want to be a weak little girl called Chae Eun anymore. I want to be a strong independent woman, Hye Mi.

I wanted so bad to step and crush on all those people who looked down on me, who once stepped on me like a piece of rubbish.

I wanted to prove to them that they were wrong. Especially to Jungkook.

"I hate him.."
I uttered but they heard me loud and clear.

"Appa.. Oppa.."

I looked up to both of them as they smiled warmly at me, raising their brows.

"Teach me how to fight."

To Be Continued

Well this Chapter sure has a lot of talking right? I'm kinda running out of ideas (?) What? I have loads of ideas but I can't seem to put my finger on it..