Chapter 39

Hye Mi's POV
"Here.. Change into this."
Jungkook came in the room cockily, throwing a set of clothes and a bra and panties?

An unladylike snort slipped out of my mouth when I saw Jungkook looking at the undergarments with a face of disgust.

Then I decided to tease him, since it's been so long.
"I know you like it~ Do you want me to change right now? Right here? In front of you? Gook Jung?"

His eyes widened, he looked perplexed but excited at the same time.

"W-What are you t-talking about?! Are you crazy?!"
He stepped back a little, scratching the back of his neck nervously causing me to chuckle.

"Jungkook-ah... Stop pretending, okay?"
I went closer to him, running my index finger down his chest.

He didn't reply, instead, he looked away and let out a deep sigh.

I threw my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. But... He didn't hug me back.

I wanted him to embrace me, to hug me tightly and never let go but... he did not.

"Jungkook, hug me! Hug me and tell me that you love me! Tell me that you'll never let go of me!"
A soft whimper left my mouth as I said those words.

But.. He didn't, he didn't even bothered to caress me, to touch me.

Just when the door flung opened, Jungkook immediately pushed me off of him.

Seoyeon smiled as she brought in a plate of fruits.
"Hi! I hope you're okay now. I brought some fruits for you, sweetie."

I cleared my throat awkwardly, and flashed her a small smile.

"Thank you. Leave it outside, I'm coming."
I replied as she nodded, closing the door slowly.

As soon as I heard the door clicking close, I turned back to Jungkook and glared at him one last time.

"I hope that you'll stop pretending, because I've missed you. No, I was going to forget about you, but now, I can't stop thinking about you..."

I left the room after saying those words to him.
__
After I ate the fruits that Seoyeon prepared, I decided to go out for a walk even though I'm still in pain.

I walked for a few minutes, but I stopped when I saw Seoyeon sitting on a small dock near a lake. She seems.. lonely? Depressed?

But, I continued to observe her when she cracked up a smile..