Do I dare?

"Well hello Rachel! I wasn't expecting a phone call from you today.." Daulton stammered, noticing a change in my tone.

"I need you to come get me. I'm at the end of the road. Be here in five minutes." I said, trying to stop the tears from falling anymore.

"No problem." He said, hanging up. I waited awkwardly, refusing to turn my head back at that house. By now, Johnny and Alex were probably fighting again, because Johnny can't stand it when Alex hurts me.

"Get in." He said, pushing open the passenger side door to me. I hoped in his truck, and we silently drove back to his house. Like a gentleman, he opened my door and led me inside his home.

"I'll be right back." He said, taking my jacket and showing me to his couch. I flopped down, and waited to start the movie Daulton had gotten ready for me. He came back in the room with two large cups of hot chocolate; just what I needed.

"Thank you" I said, taking the cup from him.

He sat down next to me, and I handed him the remote. Pressing play, a scary movie began.

"So whenever you wanna talk about it, you can.." He said, adjusting the volume.

"I caught Alex making out with my best friend." I said, with nothing but cold in my voice.

"Wow.. That's gotta suck." He said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Yeah. If I wouldn't have seen him pressed against the wall, I'm sure they would have went farther in the bedroom next to them.." I said, feeling a tear fall down my cheek.

"Hey! No tears. You're too good for him." Daulton said, catching my tear, and sliding his thumb across where the tear had fallen.

I leaned back, and laid against him. He gently wrapped him arms around my stomach, and talked sweetly into my ear.

"You're so beautiful. Your smile is breathe-taking. You don't need these guys. You could have any guy in the world. You're so special." All these sentences made me feel a little bit better.

"Stop.." I said, remembering how this guy wanted nothing but to have me fall under his spell.

As if reading my mind, he replied," No, you stop. Everything I am saying is true. Keep watching the movie."

When the movie finally ended, he asked a couple more questions. But this time, they were personal.

"How did it feel when you saw Alex kiss her?"

"Like my heart was being ripped from my chest." I said, remembering the scene.

"So, do you love Alex or Johnny? Between you and me." He said, leading me upstairs to his room.

"I.. I don't know." Thinking about the truth.

"You have to know, Rachel. Just think." He said.

"I love them both." Realising that its the complete truth.

"So what are you going to do?" He asked, obviously talking about this "love square" we have.

"Lets just take things slow, and see where they go." I said, surprising myself and kissing him on the lips. In reply, he kissed me right back, holding onto my neck.

It wasn't the same as it was last time he kissed me. This time, I felt a spark.

I kissed him once more, breaking the kiss and locking my hand with his.

"Bed time." He said, grinning ear to ear. I was already blushing. He picked me up, and ran into his room, tossing me on his bed.

"Where are you sleeping?" I asked him, looking around the room.

"Right here." He said, patting his matching couch he had just for his room.

"Here you go." He said, tossing me one of his big tee shirts to sleep in.

When morning came, I smiled to see that Daulton had relocated right beside me. He claimed I was thrashing in my sleep, so I took his word for it. Smiling at his excuse, I brushed off the fact that when I sleep, I never move and never have. With a gently kiss, I picked up my phone.

Three voice mails, thirteen missed calls, and twenty two text messages. And what did I do? I tossed my phone at Daulton's couch, and slid into his arms. He smiled at me, nuzzling his head into my neck, kissing me softly. In response, I tugged on his hair and pulled him in for a kiss. I wanted Rachel time, not worry-about-my-boys-that-hurt-me time.