The calm before the storm

"What's the plan for today?" Daulton asked, slipping his arm around my waist. His bed was so comfortable.

"I'm tempted to stay here all day.." I said, slying smiling back at him.

"And do what?" He asked, smiling at me. I was snuggled up in his arms, care free.

"I don't know.. Maybe this?" I said, pulling him in for a kiss. It felt good to be in control; for once I felt like I had everything together.

"What about your phone?" He asked, narrowing his eyes to my singing phone on his couch. It wouldn't stop going off, blaring my ring tone "Tonight" by Enrique Iglesias.

"I like background music. It makes kissing more fun!" I said, tackling him,twisting the covers about us. I kissed him tenderly, and fell back on my pillow.

"I guess.." Daulton said, laughing.

"Are you enjoying this attention?" I asked him, seductively smiling at him.

"Yes." He said, looking toward his door.

"If you want to leave, we can." I said, pouting. I wanted to have a fun day.

"I'm sure the guys are worried.. Let me go call them.." He said, getting out of bed and picking up my phone to call them. He put it on speaker, so I could hear.

Daulton: Hey guys, no worries. She's with me.

Alex: Why is she with you!

Daulton: I think you, of all people, know why.

Johnny: Tell her to come home! Allison left yesterday.

Daulton: I don't think she wants to come home yet.

Alex: Are you keeping here there?? That's it. We're coming to check on her.

Daulton: Come if you please, but this angel is all mine today.

Johnny: We'll be there soon!

--Click---

"Why did you call him?" I asked, with anger building up.

"They needed to know." He said, setting my phone back down.

"They didn't need to now anything! I can come and go as I please!" I yelled, getting out of bed and walked up to him.

"Now Rachel.. Don't be unreasonable." He said, setting his hands on my shoulders to calm me down.

"I am reasonable! I don't want them!" I said, crossing my arms. But before I could continue my rant, he kissed me.

"Let's get you dressed." He said, walking over to his closet.

"I don't want to change. I like this." I said, smiling down at the big tee shirt. It almost reached my knees, and I looked absolutely adorable. Sure, all we had done was kiss, but why not make it seem like more?

"If you insist." He said, shrugging.

I followed him down stairs to the living room, and sprawled out on the couch while he made breakfast. I almost dozed off, if the boys hadn't walked in.

Alex's face was picture perfect. His expression showed not only confusion, but sadness. He deserved this. Johnny's face was what got me. He looked like a puppy who got sent outside in the rain.

"Did you have a fun night last night?" Alex asked, raising his eye brows at my attire

"Yep. Slept like a baby." I said, emphasizing the "slept" part.

"Did you have fun last night?" I asked, giving Alex a death glare. I wasn't getting over this easily.

"Sure did. Make sure you tell Allison she's invited over any time she wants." He said, licking his lips at the thought of kissing Allison again.