The storm.

**ALEX'S POV**

Did she really just say what I think she did?

"Are you sure you want me?" I asked her, brushing back her blond hair.

"Yes!" She said, I could sense the sleepiness in her voice.

"Why don't you think things over? We can keep this as a little secret. You can thinking things over and double check that you want me. Spend more time with Daulton and Johnny; just to be sure." I said, the words falling out of my mouth.

"But don't you want me?" She yawned, doing that cute little thing she did when she was about to fall asleep. What was I doing? I have been chasing her heart since we met.

"Yes, but I want you to be sure. Tonight you might think you pick me, but then tomorrow you'll want Johnny."

"No no I mean it Alex." She said, curling up next to me. She was so warm.

"But.."

"Shhhhh," she said, putting her finger up my lips. "We can discuss it in the morning." And with that, she fell asleep on me.

Was she serious? All the nights I had laid here, thinking about how perfect she was. And now, here she was laying with me. Sound asleep.

Then why did I feel guilty?

Slowly, I got up and lifted her lifeless body in my arms. As much as I was liking her sleeping next to me, she needed to lay in her bed. I carried her down the stairs, and tucked her in soundly. When I reached the top of the stairs, I saw Johnny shut the door.

"Where ya been?" I questioned him, looking down at my watch that read 1:07 AM.

"I just took Lulu home.." He said, blushing.

"You have fun?" I asked, casually propping against the wall.

"Well yeah I guess. We went out to a movie and then to Waffle House. She's a nice girl." He said, but I could sense something wrong.

"What's botherin' you Johnny boy?" I asked, walking up to him and punching him in the rib. He groaned, but continued.

"Something just didn't feel right. I couldn't keep my mind off Rachel." He said, blushing. He had that stupid, little boy look he always had when he mentioned her.

"Well, don't you think Lulu is great?"

"Yeah.She's great. But Rachel.. She's just something more. I can't get over how amazing she is." He said, all gah gah eyed.

"She's a great dance partner." I smirked, remembering how my body felt against hers'.

"Hey guys!" Daulton yelled, walking in the door. What in the...?

"Why are you here?!" Johnny asked, giving me the same look I was giving him.

"Couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Rachel." He said, smiling.

"Where is she?" Johnny asked, remembering she lived here.

"Asleep. Down stairs." I said, coldly. These guys need to knock it off.

"Ha! You didn't get any action!" Daulton laughed. If only he knew..

"What about you and Lulu?!" He asked Johnny.

"Yeah. We made out in my truck after the movie." He said, smoothly giving Daulton a high five. I hate the way he acts when Daulton's around.

"All I've got to say is, Allison sure does know how to have fun." He winked at Johnny and me, and did that dumb little "butt smack" movement guys do sometimes. After laughing, Johnny spoke up.