Clash of the boys

"Johnny, Daulton, Alex. Can you please come here?" I asked, stepping out of the bedroom. I had been awaiting their arrival for an hour, and still was unsure of what to say. I pulled my long blond hair into a pony tail, adjusted my tee shirt and jeans, and walked into the dining room.

At the end of the table was Alex. My sweet Alex, sitting up straight in his dark blue sweat shirt. He reassuring blue eyes glared at me like a small child would do it's mother. Next to him was Johnny. His omnipresent glow he had about him before seemed to be dimmed, but he still tried to smile to me. Daulton was the last to see, and the hardest to look at. His eyes were piercing; looking at me as if I were a criminal.

I took my seat, slowly pulling out my chair and proceeded to put a napkin over my lap. A small snack had been prepared, but I couldn't convince myself to try a bite. I watched as the boys ate, taking in the sight of the three boys I had once loved and cherished in different ways.

"You look beautiful." Alex whisper, tucking a small strand of my hair back behind my ear. That was just how Alex was now.

"Thank you." I replied. When they had finished eating, I turned to face them.

"I'm glad you are here."

"Yeah.." Johnny stumbled, folding his napkin back into place.

"I didn't have a choice." I heard Daulton say, gritting his teeth.

"I want a chance to talk to each of you individually before I talk as a whole. There are so many things left unsaid." I spoke.

Softly, I asked for Alex's permission to be as thorough as I needed to be, and do whatever I had to if I wanted to part with his brothers. Nodding, I tapped Johnny on the shoulder first. We walked outside to the creek, and sat down on two large rocks.

"I have something to say." Johnny said after a long silence.

"Go ahead."

"I've been thinking about you a lot Rachel. And yes, Lulu is a good girl and all but she just doesn't compare to you. I know you picked Alex and all.."

"I'm so sorry." I stuttered, tears spilling out my eyes. He pulled me close to him, letting me soak my tears into his shirt.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, sweet Johnny. I do love you too." I said, trying to calm down.

"You didn't let me finish. I know you picked Alex and all, but it's okay. I don't want to be away anymore. I miss spending time with everyone, and I'm not hurt anymore. I just want it to be like it was before." He spoke softly.

"But doesn't seeing me with Alex hurt you?"

"Not anymore. I thought it over, and you never know if you guys will stay together or not. I just want to be here again." He said, a small smile appearing.

"Let's go inside." I smiled, giving him a big hug.

Daulton was waiting at the door for us, and I watched as Johnny slid past him. We walked across the yard,to the back of his truck and let down the tail gate.

"Let me just start off by saying I don't want to see you. Ever again." He said, sharply emphasizing the 'ever'.

"Daulton, I.."

"No. I can't stand the sight of you. I don't want to see your eyes, or your hair, or your smile. I don't want to feel your touch, smell your perfume. I don't want to be around you. You've broken me in two. You wonder why Allison hates you now. Look at yourself and what you've become. You're nothing but a little player. You want everything."

Bam. Stab a knife in my chest for God's sake.

I jumped off, and ran toward the woods. I ran and ran, not bothering to look back. Finally, I got back to the big rock, and just laid there. Why did I have to do this? What did I think I was going to accomplish?

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm. I jumped, and looked up to see Daulton's teary eyes looking back down on me. Shaking, I stood up and pulled away. I tried to leave, but felt his grasp around me grow tighter, pulling me into his arms. He held on one hand on the back of my head, gently stroking my head and neck as I poured more tears into his shirt. The other was on the small of my back, rubbing it for comfort.

"I didn't mean it. Any of it. Rachel I miss you, and I just resent my cousins. I miss the time we all had together, without all this heart break and longing. I want to go back to the way we were before. If you want to be with Alex, I'll respect it. But only if we can all go back to being friends and having fun together again." He said, hugging me.

"We will." I said, wiping away my tears.

We walked back into the house and Alex saw me, running up to me and lifting me up in the air as he kissed me. I told him what Johnny and Daulton said, and he was glad. He missed them too, I knew. Together, we walked to the dining room, happy to see Johnny and Daulton smiling and laughing at some song on the radio.

"Call me maybe!!!!!!!!!!!" Johnny belched.

"Nobody wants to call you!" Daulton smirked, flicking part of his cake at Johnny.

"Rachel would!" He winked at me, causing Daulton to reply with 'only if she was forced.'

We all sat around the table for a while, laughing and talking like normal. Lulu and Johnny had decided it was better off being friends. Daulton and Allison got in a huge fight after he caught her cheating (ha ha), and they aren't friends anymore. Everyone seemed happier.