Chapter -10

Next day

Mom invited Reehan's family to our home. They brought so many gifts to us. Silly was roaming around the house while parents were talking endlessly. Reehan was checking his phone and looking aimlessly. He was seemed to be not at all comfortable.

Mom called Aaeesha so many times. But, she was not coming from her room. Mom signalled me to bring her down from upstairs. I was scared because last time, if I check, we left in an awkward situation. Oh god! Help me.

I went to her room, not into but stood at the door. I knocked the door, she opened it. Her face was all red. She was looking restless. She was walking in the room with so much tension. I tried to calm down her and asked what the issue was.

She looked at me with puppy eyes and said, "Reehan was here" Her words were simple but, the way she used them to communicate with me, trying to make me understand what she meant, I felt amazing. Because, she was thinking of me as a friend or a savior. This is the first time, she talked to me without anger or protest. I sighed at her in assuarance, hold her wrist and took her to elders.

She wished all with a small smile. Mom asked her to give snacks and drinks to everyone. She went into kitchen and messaged me,
"Take me away from here, pls."

A curve formed on my face on seeing the message. I never expected she had this much anxiousness, about this situation, because she even messaged me about this. I went inside the kitchen and helped her to carry the snacks. She was mumbling something and I dragged her towards me. We are so much close to each other.

I hugged her and said, "Every thing will be fine, I am there for you, always, don't worry."

She stood frozen. What else she will do.? It was our first hug. I don't know why I did such a thing but I felt it was needed. We were interrupted by my mom's growl. Blush was evident on her face. She left me in the kitchen and went to my parents.

I wanted to ask her, what was in between them, I mean between her and Reehan. But, it was so early and she may think I was doubting her character. I followed her and sat in one of sofa. She served the guests and stood. My mom asked her to sit beside me. She looked at me once and I smirked at her. She glared at me. I dragged her and made her sit beside me. But after sometime she left us with Silly.

Reehan was not at all talking. I tried to start conversation with him but he was answering in syllables. It was unlike him. He was the monkey in our family. He never stops his talking. We used to call him as chatter box. He was the care of symbol for mischief. But, now, he was the quietest person in the room.

I got bored and went to balcony. There, Aayeesha and Silly were discussing something so seriously. They stopped it immediately after seeing me. I can smell that there was something going behind me.

Silly was also like my sister and we were in good terms from childhood. I should take her help to resolve our issues. With her help, I should try to connect the dots behind, Reehan's changed behavior, Aayeesha's fear to face him, etc etc.

After having lunch and spending some time, they left. The feeling of relief can be seen clearly on her face. She caught me while I was staring at her.

She came to me and said, "Hey, what are you thinking? We three were best friends from childhood and we were like a gang. There were no secrets between us till date. But, this marriage changed things upside down. His reaction was beyond my expectation. So, I was scared to face him".

I listened to her properly. She stopped telling and waited for my reply.
I said, "It's OK".
She gave a smile and said thanks.

I questioned, "For what? Is it for the hug?" then I smirked at her. She returned to her normal dominating and anger mode. I ran from there and she followed to beat me up, not really but somewhat like that.
The day was well spent like that.

The other day

There was a family function held by one of our uncles. We went there to celebrate. I joined some of my cousins. I saw Armaan, my favorite cousin, who married along with me, not actually, I got married while attending his. He sticked to his wife like they can't be separated. They were laughing together, holding each others hands. My cousins were making jokes on them and teasing them. I was far away from all these, even not knowing where Aaeesha was now. My uncles came to me while discussing something.

One of my uncle said, "Hey hero, why are you here, all the youngsters were behind their girls. Why don't you go there! Have some fun dear."
Before I reply anything, the other elder said, "He might had enough of fun even before marriage, have you forgotten how their marriage happened?".
And all laughed ear to ear. I got inconvenience with their jokes. I slowly escaped from them.

If it was with me like this, what about the situation of Aaeesha. That I can only imagine. We shouldn't have attended this event or I should have tagged her along with me. I searched for her.

I saw Aaeesha, sitting with others, in traditional wear, showing so much innocence on her face, playing with children. But, I know it was not real. How can she act this much? I should ask her next time.

My parents called me and said,

" Is there anything happened? Why are you both not talking to each other?"
They were unexplainable. It is usual for both of us, but here all were making it a scene.
I said, "Nothing".

The most lovable couple, Mr.&Mrs. Armaan were feeding each other and my not so innocent wife was there sitting beside them. All our cousins were asking her, about me. Uncomfortableness was clearly evident on her face. I don't know what to do. So, called her and said,
" We are leaving, I have some important work."
She nodded her head in approval. We waved bye to them and left.

We returned to home in my car. She sat silently, looking outside through the window. Cold air was passing and the weather was pleasant. We said nothing but, the silence was also comfortable now unlike our previous times.

We reached home. Our parents will come later. Only, we were here.
I said, "Good night , I am sleeping, if you want anything wake me up, Ok".

She gave a questioning look, said,

"But you said, you had work.?"

Oh!! I forgotten about that.

"It was a lie."

She knows the reason why I said but still she fake glared at me, said,

"Why did you do that?"

I laughed and said, "Go. Get some sleep."

To be continued..................

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.

 Comment your opinions