Chapter - 18

"Its you who started it. Why haven't you introduced me as your wife? Did you felt ashamed to say that?"

"No, it's not like that. At that time we are not much close to each other and you don't know about my friends, they will tease me like anything. I never intended to not hide about our marriage but I am just procrastinating about the announcement. If you are distressed about, tell me, I will call all my friends and proclaim, I am married to this irrevocably intelligent, beautiful, fierce girl sorry, lady." I indicated.

Her expressions changed from frustration to relaxation then to laughing and then blushing.

"You forgot to add that, how fortunate you are to become my ally" she prod with the gesture like she was some princess.

So much self appreciation.

"Ok madam, is there anything this poor guy left."

"For now, I am feeling complacency. If you are, for really, going to reveal to your friends, I too will do that. After all, how many days I have to hide the wedding chain and endure the pain in my toes wearing the juttis."

Then, as a realization, I looked at her neck. She wore a collar neck salwar. She released her feet from her Panjabi juttis. Indeed her toes were red around her toe rings. She hissed in pain and rubbed her toes softly and then performed some exercise by curling and extending the toes.

It's better to reveal about our wedding.

I took my mobile from the car cabin and called Anand.

"Hello, bro, ask all our mates to come online, I am going to give a big surprise"

"Surprise or shock!?"

"Your guess is correct. Do it quickly, I am hanging up."

I cut the call with a smile. He will surely spread the news in a minute.

" That's gonna ken quite a stir in your peaceful life." she sighed.

"Do you think, I am living peacefully, still, after marrying you." I provoked her, by controlling my laugh.

"Haha, You are not living that boring life anymore. Daily, like a machine, doing the same things, having a monotonous day. Now, you are living with a zeal, because of me. At least be thankful for that. Lest, if you have married, a person like you, you both might have became the world's most tedious couple."

How can she has an answer for everything, how can she the credit for everything. Offo!!

Before I reply her, the ping sounds from my mobile distracted me.

My friends were more eagerly waiting for my message.

"Hey guys, I wanted to say something but don't get angry for hiding this. I got married a month back to my cousin, Aaeesha, you met her back on our last dayout, it happened in a rush and I don't have a say at that time. I am feeling guilty for hiding this from this you, so gathering my guts I am sharing it now."

Some were surprised, some were shocked, some were claiming it as a prank, some were wishing, some were throwing tantrums for not inviting........

The next day

Today, she wore a Patiala dress with flats. Her wedding chain was showing its elegant presences by sparkling on merging with the rays of Sun. She smiled at me vibrantly.

Our journey from home to college was so pleasant today, she was humming to the songs from her mobile, by playing them out.

On reaching her college, she asked me to come out from the car. She dragged me to her friends, and said with a curve on her face,

"Meet my handsome husband, Rizwan."

Responses from her friends are also same as mine.

We were becoming well acquainted with the pace of days passing. I am feeling more alive, smiling more, a hint of happiness is always there in my new life.

During the total day, apart from the car ride, we will be busy in our own things, office for me, college to her. In home, she will help mom in house chores and spend the remaining time to study. Such a good student. So, only 40 minutes in morning and 40 minutes in evening were meant for both of us, to spend with each other, alone. Some days, I wait for that time, some days I prepared for them, some days I cherished them. She was not like my other friends, who can do anything for me. She will make me do anything for her, but willingly.

On one of a fine occasion, during a weekend, my sister, Sona, came home. Her husband was on a business trip and it was difficult for her to handle Adil alone.

I don't know how but, Aaeesha became so much attached to Adil. She was playing with him, feeding him, bathing him, dressing him, singing lullabies for him and what not everything related to his, became her job. She calls him, as her handsome boyfriend. So cheesy!! Whatever, the person who is benefitting from this is, My sister. Relaxation is visible in her face. She is spending her time with mom, catching up about all the gossips.

On second night of my sister's stay, I went to Aaeesha's room. Aaeesha is very busy with Adil to acknowledge my presence.

I cleared my voice loudly to gain their attention. Adil smiled cheerfully at me while Aaeesha pressed her lips in displeasure.

"What?" I questioned.

"You are disturbing our private time. Isn't he my handsome?"

Adil giggled at her endearment. He will do that everytime she called him handsome.

At the same time, my sister came and took Adil with her, as it was time to sleep. I found my sister behaving indifferently with Aaeesha. But Aaeesha was so busy with Adil to recognize that. I sighed looking at Aaeesha's pout.

She is whining, tugging my shirt,

"I want Adil, my baby took my heart with him."

"You cannot call someone's child as your baby. If you want that desperate, I will help you, to make babies."

To be continued...............

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.

 Comment your opinions