Chapter - 19

"You cannot call someone's child as your baby. If you want, that desperate, I will help you, to make babies."

I throw a stone in darkness to know her reaction.

That was incredible. Her wheatish complexion face was glowing like a marigold. Her eyes popped from their sockets and then narrowed in my direction. Annoyance mixed with shyness was clearly visible in her expressions. This time she was not counter attacking me with her words. Utter silence was her response. Her expressions were changing in a rapid motion that she was planning to throw a face slap for me.

After the pregnant pause, she spoke,

"Actually we can't make babies, because babies are not things or dishes to make, you know!"

Uffff!! She and her intelligent explanation. Though she knew what I mean, she was beating around the bush.

"Rizwan!! Aaeesha!! Come here"
Interrupting my brainstorming to reply her, my mom called us. Before we go downstairs, Aaeesha hold my wrist and stopped me,

"I wanted to say something, actually my..."

"Rizwan!" This time it was my father.

"We will talk later, we should go fastly before they will think, we are busy in making babies."

"You have the audacity to talk to me like that, you are going to be dead meat in my hands".

Downstairs

I surprised to see Reehan, talking to my father, sitting on the sofa in our hall. He was in formals which was even more surprising. I glanced at Aaeesha to see her reaction. She stood dumbfounded, looking at Reehan. I moved her hand with my elbow. She recovered and looking here and there. I greeted him and sat beside her. My father was saying something to him but his eyes were wandering around, may be searching for something or someone, Aaeesha?

He smiled at her, half heartedly, to which she smiled which doesn't reached her eyes. This is confusing.

My mom asked him to eat.

He replied, "No ma, I have to go otherwise I may miss the bus."

This reason definitely going to dustbin before my mother's kindness.

"Where are you going at this time? You are going nowhere. Come and eat. Aaeesha! Go and prepare the guest room upstairs for his stay. If there is that much urgent work, you can go early in morning, ok Reehan!"

As I said.

"He has interview here, tomorrow also, ask him to stay these 2 days. He was not listening to me. He doesn't even agreed to come home. Such a prideful child!!" My father added more.

To which my mom smiled,
"He will listen to me, aren't you son?"

He smiled uncomfortably and nodded his head as agreement. So, his stay for 2 days in our home was confirmed by parents, which was like the taste of vinegar to me.

Usually, whenever someone visits our home, they will stay in the guest room downstairs but since my sister occupied it, my mom thought to send him up, I mean upstairs. Uffff.....It's all due to the friendship with Aaeesha, my tongue became sarcastic. Just friendship?

Aaeesha was looking at me with widened eyes and then gestured with her hands what to do? I smiled seeing her tension strained face.

The guest room upstairs, was under Aaeesha's control. But, my mom doesn't know it. Because both of my parents are patients of knee arthritis. So, they never dared to climb the 22 steps to reach our rooms. Though once, our maid said it to mom, that we are using different rooms, Aaeesha covered it saying something, indeed she was so good at escaping.

But, now it was different. If Reehan comes upstairs, he will get to know, we are sleeping, no, living in different rooms. That's not a nice idea. I don't want him to know. I have to do something.

"I will help her, mom. Bro come upstairs after you are done."

He showed his thumb as approval.

I went behind Aaeesha.

"What are you thinking about this? Should we sleep in same room or are you going to reveal him about us?"

Even before I enter her room, she was throwing a bag of questions at me.

"Hold on miss! Let me think about it."

"Think fast" she sat on the bed with a humff. She was looking at me, so nervous, biting her nails, with curious eyes, expecting some wise idea from me.

"How about you sleeping in my room for this 2 days?"

"You... Shameless. I already expected, you will say this. You seemed to be already smitten by me, talking about babies ha.....Ha..?"

"You are exaggerating"

"You are exasperating."

"You are exacerbating."

"You are exarticuling"

" Am I?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Yes" she said with one hand on her waist and one hand on her forehead showing how much annoyed she was.

"Reehan and I will sleep in my room"

"Ok but.."

"Leave it to me. You go and sleep, you must be tired, playing with Adil..no..your handsome boyfriend...all the day."

She smiled and relaxation spread on her face. It felt so good to me. She said good night and left to her mini world.

After a 10 minutes, Reehan came, while I was waiting for him in balcony. He smiled and sat on the blue bean bag where, Aaeesha usually sits. I immediately hated him but I can't blame him because there are only two and I sat on one.

"How is the life bro?" Reehan asked, to initiate talking.

"Great and how about you, you are looking different?"

"Yeahh, these formals, they are not my type but, its mandatory while attending to interviews, right?"

"Yes. It's good to see you like this, trying hard for job, what's the reason for your sudden change."

"Sudden changes occurs when sudden things happen" he said looking straight into my eyes.

To be continued...............

Want to know what happened next.....wait for my next update. If you like the story, vote for me. Comment your opinions.

 Comment your opinions